Chapter 28: To Let go

Sana's POV:

Boring day again without her. What is she trying to do anyway? Fucking crazy, maybe that's why I love her. This was all different from Jun or my past boyfriends. I thought I love them, but I never loved someone so tenderly and truly.

-

My family drove to school, and my parents waited at the hall along with other families and friends.

Today is our graduation day.

Time to move on with highschool burdens, but this is the best time of our lives. Better than college even if I haven't been in college... Yet.

The girls and I waited behind the door of the hallway, getting our make-ups done and wearing our blue graduation outfits that went with my pink lip tint and pale skin.

"Jihyo-ssi!" I called Jihyo who was walking towards my direction. We opened our arms for a hug and ran to each other. "Aigoo, Thomas looks so pretty today!"

She glared at me and pinched me, "AAHH FU-, AISH." I cursed, holding it back since there are parents around.

The ceremony later started. The principal spoke and gave those weird messages that are obviously fake, they don't even change it every year. They're all the same. Then, we all lined up and walked in the path at the center and sat down.

-

Each one of us were called on stage, and were given our diplomas.

They started giving awards to he honorable students and special mentions. Boring, boring, well for someone who hasn't achieved anything else. I did achieve a lot, but I was just bored as hell.

I didn't feel great at all, I didn't feel so happy. This is what she wanted though. She wanted me to experience this, but without her is just... An event where you are given folders with papers saying you can go to college already. Like fucking permit in a test.

It was just plain.

-

It all ended and we bid our goodbyes to each other. When Jackson and his gang walked along with me towards the parking lot where my parents were waiting.

"Congrats Sana" Jackson patted me on the back and gave me a genuine smile.

"Thanks, luckily you still made it out alive, so congrats to you too kiddo" I ruffled his hair and hlgave him a tight hug. "Right, why were you guys looking for Tzuyu?"

"Ngg... I just wanted to give her this gift. Since there can't be an us, I'm well aware of that. I decided to give her this gift of appreciation, in my perspective" He said, while handing the paper bag he was carrying to me. "Can you give this to her since she isn't around, well, if you see her."

I nodded. We parted ways by the exit of the building and gave each other hugs. As a goodbye gift since I wasn't able to buy them anything at all, I gave them kisses on the cheeks. They giggled and we exchanged numbers even though we were not that close.

They're assholes and bullies to me often, but they're nice people. I also treat them like shit in return so it's like a never ending war right there. But it's over now. All of this... They're all in the past now.

I went inside the car and we went back home. I quickly changed my clothes into a formal weae since we're going to have a family dinner in China along with my Japanese and half-Chinese cousins there. We arrived at the airport and aboarded our private jet.

The sun was setting, and the plane was quiet. I gave myself a drink and rested on the soft cotton seats and reclined.

-