7

I pull myself up and onto the boat, the step being very far from the actual deck. My little legs barely reaching.

"I feel like people don't take into account other people are quite small," I huff as I finally plant both feet on the deck of the boat.

"I don't think many people are as small as you though," Lucas laughs as he effortlessly pulls himself up the last step and stands beside me.

I sigh and push my sunglasses up onto the bridge of my nose.

He smiles and we make our way to our assigned room on the second floor.

"Holy mother of God," I open the door and see the massive room in front of us. There's a black and white, massive, circular bed in the back right corner. Right at the entrance is the huge bathroom, bigger that the one at our hotel last night.

"Damn, they weren't playin' when they called it a 'suite'," Lucas pipes up from behind me.

I look at him and bite my lip, smiling wide.

"No," he sounds like he's talking to one of our children.

I set my bag down.

"Elizabeth Danielle Hollend, no," he's shaking his head and as he goes to reach for my arm I run across the room and launch myself into the neatly made bed, rolling and laughing on it.

"I love this!" I tell to him.

"You're genuinely insane," he sets his bag down next to mine.

"It's so bouncy," I laugh again as I continue rolling around.

"You're such a kid," he kicks off his shoes and puts his wallet on the table.

I stop rolling and stare up at the ceiling, "I like this bed."

"You've made that clear... what the fuck are you on?" He finally cracks a smile and lays next to me on the bed.

"High on love, baby!"

He looks at me and studies my face.

"High on love and drunk on sunshine!" I say, waiting.

"Shut up," he shakes his head and kisses me.

"Damn," I smile up at him, "I had to do all that to get you to kiss me. It used to be easier."

I stand up and walk to my bag, "I'm gonna put my bathing suit on."

"The one from Jess?"

I nod, "I love it."

He smirks, "me too, it's a bikini and you look damn sexy in it."

I smile and walk into the bathroom, putting it on.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Lucas' phone buzzes on the counter. I ignore it.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Again. Another text. I shrug, probably one of his friends.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Okay, who is this? I start to fear it's my brother, and that something's happened.

I flip over the phone, looking at the lock screen.

The name reads, "Hailey." I bite my cheek and slowly move my eyes to the messages.

"I need you, on me and in me." Then "Please Lucas, I miss us. Our hot nights." Then finally, "Your girl doesn't need to know. Just like old times?"

I step out of the bathroom with my arms crossed over my chest, his phone in my hand under my arm.

"Dayum babe," he whistles. I feel the lump in my throat and try to swallow it.

"Liz?" He stands off the bed.

I throw the phone at him.

"God damn!" He dodges it at the last minute. A single tear flows from my eye.

I shake my head and walk to my purse, grabbing my room key, phone, and some money.

"Where are you going?" He calls to me, I don't answer.

"Damn it, Liz!" He turns me to face him.

"I told you... one more time, Lucas," a few more tears, "one more fucking time and I was out." I shake my head and pull my arm from him.

"What?"

"Hailey texted and wanted to know if y'all could hook up like old times? But don't worry, I don't have to know. On our fucking honeymoon too." I look at my hand, and slowly remove the rings. I set them on the table.

"I'll sleep on the couch throughout the cruise," when we get back home, I'll move in with my dad, or Aiden. I'll take the kids. You can see them on the weekends. We're done," I walk to the door.

"Liz? This is crazy! I love you!" He yells to me.

"I thought so too," I shrug and walk out the door, pulling my bathing suit cover on and make my way to the pool.

I shake my head and get on the elevator, I see Lucas make his way into the hall, on his phone. He looks mad. He sees me and starts to run. The elevators door start closing.

"Liz!" He calls my name.

I put my headphones in and stare at him as the doors close just before he makes it.