15.

I lean forward in my seat, "did you just say he's dead?"

"Yeah," Hailey answers, "car crash... his brakes failed."

"Failed?" Lucas butts in.

"Everyone settle," Mrs. Pike speaks over us.

I lean back again and listen intently this time.

Hailey checks her nails and then runs her hands through her hair, acting like everything's normal.

"It says there was a straight cut line through the brakes though nobody ever found who it was," Mrs. Pike speaks again.

Hailey nods.

"However," she continues, "he had filed for divorce 2 weeks before his death. It was finalized the day before his death.

"The bastard cheated on me and planned to get married to the woman he was sleeping with!"

"Says here," Mrs. Pike ignores her, "he filed a restraining order against you, which you broke... twice."

"Whatever," Hailey scoffs.

"Miss Decker," Pike looks at her this time, not the files, "did Mr. Hollend file a restraining order against you?"

"Yeah, after we fucked," she answers. I feel the bile rising.

"Excuse me," I interrupt and hurry outside. I barely get my head over the ledge before the vomit comes rushing out.

After I regain my breath and pop a stick of gum in my mouth and make my way back into the room.

"Mrs. Hollend," Pike turns to me, "is this true?"

"Yes ma'am," I answer.

"Lucas," she calls him by his first name, "has Hailey made any direct threats to you, your wife, or your children?"

"Not directly but," he looks at me, unsure of how to finish.

"She tried to kill my best friend... because I wasn't there," I answer.

Hailey rolls her eyes, "it wasn't even that serious."

I lean forward, locking my eyes with hers, "you held her against a wall and choked her while her daughter screamed bloody murder. She's in the hospital. Your hand prints are around her throat. So help me God, you fuck with someone I'm close to again and I'll publicly skin you and your family. I will not hesitate to slice you into pieces."

"That was a threat!" Hailey grins.

"I don't really care, Hailey. Seems like you deserve more than a threat," Pike answers.

I lean back and Lucas is just staring at me in disbelief.

"We've already touched base with your judge. They've reopened your husband's case. They're looking at how many times you broke parole and how often you've broken your restraining orders. You go to court in 3 weeks. However, you are to never speak to any member of this family again. This includes but is not limited to; Lucas, Elizabeth, Aiden, Bradley, Aries, Athena, and Axel. Is this understood?"

She nods and crosses her arms, pouting like a child, "this is all stupid."

"You literally sound like my twin toddlers right now," Lucas shakes his head and speaks low.

"Oh my God I forgot how gorgeous your voice is," she whispers and leans forward, smirking at me.

"You do realize that you don't threaten me right? I'm married to him, happily I might add. Our family is so caring and we love each other and respect each other. Yeah sure, "I choke back vomit, "Lucas may have slept with you while we through a rough patch, but I got over it. However if he does it again I won't be as forgiving, "I add that part more for him, "but you... you're just a brat that doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'no'. You can't stand the fact that the guy you threw yourself at doesn't want you. Move the fuck on. Stop dragging my family down," I finally finish.

Two very muscular and intimidating men walk through the doors and motion towards Hailey.

"Come with us," one says.

She rolls her eyes and stands.

"Well," Pike speaks, "we're done here."

I feel something hit me before realizing it's spit. I grimace and wipe it off quickly.

"This isn't over," Hailey hisses.