10.

I stand in the shower, letting my mind wander as the warm beads of water trickle down my skin, like a hug.

"Babe?" I hear Lucas call as he opens the bathroom door.

"Yeah?"

"We're about to dock in Jamaica," he smiles.

I nod and turn the shower off.

"Why're you so quiet?" He asks as I wrap the super soft towel around my body.

"I can't stop thinking about Hailey and Jess," I side smile, pathetically.

"Well," he pulls me into a hug, ignoring how wet my hair is against his chest, "just focus on the music and food and atmosphere of Jamaica. We can worry about Jess and Hailey when we get back to the U.S. deal?"

I nod slightly and make my way to the main part of our room and open my top drawer and pull out my black bikini and Fashion Nova shorts.

I pull both on and grab some sandals and throw my loose red curls up into a bun.

"Good?" I scan over myself in the mirror as Lucas stands in the bathroom doorway.

"Good," he side smiles and I grab my bag. Since my stomach is exposed I slather on some sunscreen and then throw my bag over my shoulder.

As we make our way out of our room and to the steps of the boat I hear people talking and I hear a woman yell, "Jessica!"

Out of impulse I whip my head behind me and search for my Jess.

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down," Lucas wraps him arm loosely around me and guides me towards the exit ramp and stairs. As we step foot on the dock I hear "Welcome to Jamaica," and see a tall, dark skinned man, waving to everyone and smiling, showing a perfect set of pearly white teeth. I smile to him and he compliments me on my "bright orange hair." I smile and nod as a thank you. Lucas laces his fingers with mine as we walk down a stone road that's surrounded with little shops and people smiling for photos all around us. I see a little boy wandering in circles, looking quite lost. I point him out to my very distracted husband.

"Babe, is he lost?" I notion my head towards the boy.

"I don't know... look at his clothes," he talks back. I notice the ripped up, over sized shirt, muddy jean shorts, and bare feet.

I look around up and then quickly walk towards him, Lucas walking close behind.

"Hi honey," I crouch down beside him, "are you lost?"

He just looks at me and Lucas and shakes his head.

"Do you need help?" Lucas asks from behind me.

"No... I left..." he trails off with a small Jamaican accent.

"How old are you?" I examine his smaller frame.

"I'm nine," he smiles slightly at me.

"Where's your mom?" I ask as I rummage through my bag.

"Heaven," he states blankly. I freeze as I pull my wallet out.

"Oh," I hand my wallet to Lucas and gesture towards the food stands and a little clothing stand. He nods and walks off.

I turn my attention back to the boy, his dark skin shades with dirt, his hazel eyes popping as he speaks.

"What about your dad?" I sit on my knees and look at him.

"Heaven with mom," he gives a sad side smile.

"Who have you been staying with?" I ask as Lucas hands the child a sandwich and a small shirt and some shorts.

He gratefully accepts them, "orphanage."

"Can we take you back?" Lucas asks sweetly.

He nods and looks at us sadly.

After about an hour of walking he leads us to a run down building with holes in the windows and the stench of smoke leaking out.

"I don't wanna leave him here," I tighten my grip around the boy's shoulders as I speak to Lucas.

"Me neither," he states blankly while stepping in front of us protectively.

"Bradley! Where the hell did you go?" A woman a little older than Lucas shouts from around the corner.

Bradley winces and gets closer to me, holding on to my hips.

"He was just walking. We walked him back," I spoke softly, trying to keep tensions low.

She grabs his arm very harshly and yanks him to her face, "ever do that again and I'll make sure you're just a beggar on the streets. Got it boy?!" She yells in his face. He leans back and nods, trying not to cry.

"And you," she turns to us, "if you're not taking the kid... get out."

"What papers do I sign?" Lucas speaks up and I whip my head to him.

"Lucas?" I look at him, confused.

He turns us away from Bradley and the woman and speaks to me, "I'm not leaving him here with this woman. I can't. If this were Aries or Axel, wouldn't you want someone to do the same for them."

"I wasn't gonna say no," I smile and we turn back to the lady and Bradley.

"How much for an adoption fee, I'll sign papers," I grab my wallet but stop as she pushes the boy into me.

"We don't want him. Sign a sheet and take the brat," she scoffs and pulls a paper out of a binder she's holding.

I skim it quickly and sign, then hand the pen to Lucas. He signs with no hesitation. I hand it back to her, receiving a shrug and a copy of the sheet in return.

"You can leave now," she speaks to me as if I only have one brain cell.

I hold onto Bradley's hand as we make our way back to dock. He smiles and wipes a tear away.

"Bradley," I smile and Lucas lifts him onto his back, "what's your last name?" I smile.

"Don't know," he scratches his neck and looks at me, "mom and dad died when I was a baby, never knew. Just called Bradley."

I smile sadly, "How about Bradley Hollend?"

He nods and grins at me again, "Bradley Hollend."