11.

"You what?" My dad talks through the phone, clearly confused.

"Adopted a little boy," I speak calmly as Lucas talks to the man letting us back on the boat, explaining why we now have a child who was clearly not born from me.

"Four kids, Lizzie?" He sighs and I can basically feel the exasperation in his voice.

"His name is Bradley, and this orphanage was not okay and he was so sweet. We couldn't leave without him."

"I understand that Liz, but this is a child we're talking about, not a lost puppy," he groans.

"Dad, I'm a married woman, I already have three children and a dog, I know what I'm doing," I respond in a slightly defensive manner.

"I know Lizzie, but can you really do this?" He asks in a caring voice.

"Yes, I can. I just need you to have faith in me," I respond as the man finally lets us on the and we start making our way back to our room, Bradley still on Lucas' back.

Officially. No more babies.

"You know I do honey," he sighs ... again, "just. Slow down at least a little."

"Will do," I laugh a little.

The phone beeps as we hang up. Finally we're in our room and Lucas sets Bradley down. His eyes are wide and he looks around.

"Can I sleep here?" He points at the large, round sofa.

"Of course you can," I smile and nod. His eyes lighting up.

"Thank you, miss," he smiles at me again.

"You don't have to call me that. Our names are Elizabeth and Lucas," I smile and kneel down to him, "however you can call us whatever you feel comfortable with."

"Okay. Can I call you mom?" He looks like he's blushing.

"Of course you can," I smile wider than I ever have and brush one of his curls out of his face.

"So!" Lucas smiles down at him and kneels beside me, "do you wanna head to the pool, get some ice cream, then grab dinner for us all with me?"

Bradley smiles again and nods quickly.

"Here," I grab some money from my wallet, "grab a pair of swimming trunks for him too."

I kiss Bradley on the head and peck Lucas before they head out the door. The door clicks quietly and I make my way to the bathroom. I strip from my clothing and lock the door before climbing into a hot shower. After the warm water drips on my skin for a few minutes I sit on the floor of the tub, pulling my knees to my chest and closing my eyes. Maybe if I sit like this for a while I'll feel more alive.

I sigh and hear my phone ring, I then decide to let it go to voicemail. I need this time to myself.

It rings again, I let it go to voicemail.

On the third ring I mutter a few choice words under my breath before pulling myself from the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist.

Turn off the shower and grab my phone, reading the caller ID, damn it Aiden.

"H-hello?" It's a girl's voice. Much softer and hesitant than Aiden's.

"Who is this and why do you have my brother's phone?" I ask as I open the bathroom door and make my way to the dresser.

"It's Jess," she speaks quietly again.

"Oh my God," I sigh and pull on my underwear and shorts.

"Yeah," I hear her small laugh.

"Why're you whispering?" I ask and pull on a loose tank top.

"I'm in the hospital room still and Bryce and Aiden are asleep," she answers, "but this call is a warning."

"What?" I sit criss-cross on the bed.

"It's Hailey," her voice picked up a sense of urgency I don't really like hearing, "she's in Jamaica."

"Wait," I shake my head and hold the bridge of my nose, "she's in jail."

"Well not anymore," she answers even quieter than before.

"Jesus," I groan, "I'll tell Lucas to get back on board with Bradley. Hell, I'll go get them."

"Who the hell's Bradley?" Her voice is normal now.

"Our fourth child," I laugh lightly still not really believing it, "we adopted him."

"Oh my god," she sighs, "well go get them and call the police again. She's bat shit crazy."

"Oh I will," I stand up and grab my room key, not bothering with shoes.

"Good," she sighs in relief this time, "love you Liz."

"Love you too, Jess."

With that I hang up and make my way to the elevator.

I've had it with these fucking psychos following my family.