20.

Lizzie's POV-

The next few day's go by pretty painlessly. As we finally get resettled back home I call hourly to check in on my dad and Jess. Today, however is not for stress or pain, it's a shopping day. Bradley needs real clothes. Not just the ones we've picked up here and there.

"You ready?" Lucas calls from the bathroom door. I nod and top off my lip gloss. I turn to look at him and see him standing shirtless in his pajama pants.

"What're you doing?" I ask as I avoid looking anywhere but his face, "we need to leave in like 10 minutes!"

He smiles, "I'll be ready in five."

I side smile and kiss him quickly, placing my hand on his chest. Wrong move, his muscles flex under my fingers as he laughs. I bite my lip and walk away, "stop."

"Stop what?" He asks as he follows me out of the bathroom.

"Being so sexy," I respond with a smile. He smiles and walks to the closet. As he pulls a shirt over his head I groan.

"I wish we had some spare mommy and daddy time," I whisper more to myself than anything.

"Elizabeth Hollend," he smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist, "are you the one now suggesting we just throw in the towel and have some fun of our own?"

I kiss him slowly but passionately as I feel his grip around me tighten. I groan as I pull back slowly.

"No," Lucas' soft warm mouth moves to my neck, "let's not stop."

I smile until he hits the sensitive spot at the base of my neck. I let out a gasp and close my eyes.

"Hey," I whisper, "we have to go."

"Your brother has the kids for a few hours," he walks us backwards until I fall back on the bed.

"We're supposed to be using those hours to go clothes and grocery shopping," I mean what I say but my body fails me. My legs subconsciously go up and wrap around his hips. His hands slowly glide up my shirt.

"Yo!" Aiden walks in, "Jesus Christ!"

We both quickly pull ourselves apart and stand awkwardly.

"I was just saying," he still has his eyes blocked, "you forgot the pull-ups in the diaper bag. Though I can see you've had something on your mind."

"I'm so sorry!" I whisper yell as I hand him the bag of pull-ups.

"Yeah," he sighs, "I'm going to go bleach my eyes."

I turn to see Lucas trying not to laugh. I flip him off as Aiden leaves our room.

"Jesus," I groan and hold my forehead in my hand.

He lets out the burst of laughter.

"That's so not funny!" I yell at him, "I just scarred my brother!"

"At least we were still clothed!"

"How does that help?"

He shrugs and walks to me, "did that ruin the moment?"

I nod quickly and slap his chest.

"Damn," he whines and grabs a pair of jeans.

I smile as we now make our way out to the car. Freckle greets us at the door besides the stairs. We give him hugs and kisses before finally walking to the Jeep. As we pull away from the house and head to the stores I finally feel somewhat at peace as life seems to be falling into place.

——-
IM BACK. Also, I'd like to apologize for this chapter being so short but it'd been so long since I last updated this story and I figured that this is better than nothing. I plan to update this story much more frequently. Thank you to those who have been reading and messaging and commenting and sticking through this. I love y'all ❤️ - Ash