17.

We make it back to the room and begin talking about the events that we just witnessed.

"Seriously," I huff like a toddler, "who the fuck does she think she is?" 

"Lizzie, calm down," Lucas sits on the bed.

I hear my phone buzz... "What now?"

I see my brother's name on the screen.

"Aiden. Not a good time."

"Too fucking bad... It's Jessie... And dad."

"What do you mean?"

"Jessie's in critical condition. They tried to help her breathing and ended up crushing a part of her esophagus... and dad... he collapsed at my house last night, they said he had a heart attack," Aiden answers.

"We'll be there as soon as possible. Our cruise docks at our next island tomorrow... I'll get us a flight back home... thank you for calling me."

"Of course."

I look at Lucas and Bradley, smiling before making my way to the drawers and pulling our clothes out and throwing them all over the place, like an absolute psycho.

"Hey! Calm down, I heard through the phone... Take Bradley to the pool and just stay with him, try to relax. I'll go get us some dinner and start packing up."

I sigh reluctantly, before giving in, knowing that he won't be backing down from his decision any time soon. 

I take hold of Bradley's small hand and lead him to the pool slowly, him still clad in his swim shorts. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~ LUCAS' POV

I make my way to the bar and grab our food and drinks.

"I'm sorry by the way," a voice beside me speaks softly. 

I turn to see Hailey slide a drink to me. I take it and down it quickly, not saying a word to her.

"Really? Silent game? Real mature," she scoffs at me.

I say nothing again but I begin feeling a little dizzy.

"You okay baby?" She coos softly, "you look a little... drowsy."

"Sir? are you okay?" The worker asks.

"Nuhhh," I slur, "I thhii." Then I see black.

I wake up shirtless in the room.

"Elizabeth?" I whisper, my head swimming.

"Oh no baby," I hear the wretched voice of doom to my left.

"Hailey," I wince as I try to move, "this is low... even for you."

"I bet you won't be saying that when I'm pushing your perfect little babies out of my perfect little body," she grins wickedly and pulls her shirt off.

"You're insane," I shake my head, "I don't love you. I love Elizabeth."

She scoffs at me and throws herself on the bed on top of me. So I do the only thing I can think of... I scream. I scream as loud as I can and hope to God someone can hear me from the hallway.

After what seems like forever the door gets opened by cruise security and they detain Hailey immediately. They leave with her kicking and screaming, like the psycho she is.

I see Elizabeth with Bradley behind the officer.

They run to me and hug me.

"I booked us a flight immediately after we land... we're going home," Liz brushes my hair from my face and kisses my head.

I smile slightly to myself and bury my head in the crook of her neck, also pulling Bradley against my side, "I love you both... I love all of this family... So much."

"I know," She smiles at me.

"We love you too," Bradley chimes in from the side and we all shed a little tears.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Lizzie whispers with a smile beaming on her face.

"We can do this," I say to both of them and to myself as I embrace them both one more time.

"We got this," Bradley chimes in again and smiles.

"That's right little dude, we got this." I respond with a grin.

"A family of badasses ... fuck with us," Liz jokes and giggles before pecking my lips.

"Ew!" Bradley covers his eyes and we both let out a small laugh.

"Your turn!" Lizzie shouts and lightly tackles Bradley before showering him in kisses. His laughter fills the room as he squirms under her.

"Daddy! Daddy! Help me!" He yells between laughs.

"Mama monster got you now! Nothin I can do!" I shout back and I admire the way my wife looks. So carefree and happy. Her smiles and laughs mixing with our oldest son's. I smile to myself at the sight. 

She pulls back and Bradley catches his breath before smiling at us and then kissing her cheek.

"Got ya!" 

She does a dramatic gasp and leans in to whisper in his ear. He lets out a giggle and I strain to hear what they've said. Before I can process anything Bradley flings his little body onto mine and he starts kissing my cheeks and forehead.

I laugh before grabbing him in a tight bear hug and kissing him all over. 

Once our little love tackling is over we all just sit on the bed. Me on my back, her head on my chest and Bradley on my other arm. Soon I hear little snores coming from either side. I use the arm that's around Liz to  slowly pull the blanket up and over all of us. I fall asleep, feeling surprisingly happy after the previous events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all so much!! I got so many responses from so many people: ( nightmare_on_elm , CallOfTheBeholder , EmilyHaynes4 , etc.)! Thank you to all of you!! This chapter honestly probably wouldn't exist without y'all!! Love you guys so so so so much!!

- Ashlyn <3 

Anything But Daddy's Angelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें