Theo Raeken - "That's not what I meant and you know it!"

You shifted your weight from one leg to the other and you had your arms crossed over your chest. You had no idea how much time had passed already, but you licked your lips while you stared at Theo, who had not been saying anything ever since he had shown up again. "Well, I'm waiting..."

Theo scratched the back of his neck. He had never looked this nervous before. He had never looked nervous before at all. "I don't know where to start..." He bent his head and stared at his feet.

"You don't know where to start?" You raised your eyebrows and shook your head. "I might have a few suggestions for you." You paused for a moment and your eyes rested on him. "You've been gone for months! Why don't you start with explaining where you've been? Why don't you tell me why you didn't even say goodbye? Why did you never write or call or text? Did I even mean something to you?"

Theo bit his lip and he took a few deep breaths. "You did mean something to me. You still do. I never planned on leaving you behind..." He almost stumbled over his own words. "I don't know how to explain this, okay? But I didn't have any cell phone reception where I was and there was no postal service either and I swear that I've missed you each and every second!"

"Theo..." You rolled your eyes. "This is the twenty-first century. I think there are only a few parts in the world left without cell phone reception or a postal service and I don't believe that you've been to one of them."

"But, (Y/N)..."

"Theo, ever since you came back from who knows where, you've been telling me those bullshit stories. I'm done with it. Go to hell." You wanted to walk passed him, but Theo curled his fingers around your wrist and pulled you back.

"I didn't want to be there..." His voice was raw. "And I'm not going back there." He bent his head, but he tightened the grip around your wrist. "You have to believe me..." Theo spoke softly now and for the first time ever you saw a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Please, don't cry..." You sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Did you stop loving me during those months? Is there someone else? Is that why you're pushing me away all of a sudden?" Theo didn't wipe the tear away, instead he locked his glance with yours and you saw a certain vulnerability that you had never seen before.

"That's not what I meant and you know it..." You stared at him and then you closed your eyes for a short moment. "I love you. I've loved you before you've left and even though I've tried I didn't stop loving you during the last couple of months." You swallowed. "But I'm done with all those lies." You cocked your head. "If you love me as much as I love you, you tell me the truth."

"What if you can't love me anymore after the truth?" Theo bent his head again and you used your thumb to finally wipe the tear away.

"What if I can?"