Theo Raeken - "My hobby is making fun of you when you talk"

"Theo!" You took a deep breath and threw your hands in the air. "Are you even paying attention to what I'm saying?" You raised your eyebrows and shook your head. "I don't know about you, but this project is quite important to me and the last thing I want is not getting an A+ because my partner is not even trying."

Theo leaned back in his chair. He folded his hands behind his back and he placed his feet on the table in front of him. "Why would I bother to do something, when you're clearly three times as smart as I am? Seems like wasted energy to me." He shrugged his shoulders and his lips curled up into a smile. "I'm sure you'll fail more when I do help."

You stuck your tongue between your lips and breathed in and out a few times to make sure you wouldn't let all the anger that was now spreading through your veins out. "If you don't even try to contribute something to this project, I'll ask the teacher for another partner."

"He was very clear that switching partners was not allowed." Theo's glance met yours and if looks had been capable of killing you would have ended his life right here and right now without even thinking about it.

"I'm sure that if I explain that I have a partner who's doing absolutely nothing and doesn't even mind admitting that, he'll understand me perfectly." You closed your book and already stood up from your chair to turn your words into deeds.

When Theo realized that you were really going to do it, he stood up from his seat too and followed you.

"I need a new partner." You crossed your arms over your chest and didn't even attempt to hide the bitterness in your voice. "I don't care that it's not allowed. I don't care that you told me that we just had to make it work. It's impossible to work with him." You pointed at Theo, who was still smiling as if he was not even the slightest bit bothered by this.

"And what do you have to say about this, Mr. Raeken?" The teacher turned towards him and you raised your eyebrows.

"Not much, actually." Theo turned his head back to you. "My hobby is making fun of you when you talk and I had a few amazing days."

You rolled your eyes and licked your lips. "See? And that's why I need a new partner." You stared at the teacher and crossed all your fingers and toes while you prayed to whatever God was willing to listen right now.

"Actually, I think we're going to solve this differently." The teacher smirked and you felt your heart drop. "If the two of you end up finding a way to work together, I will give you an A+, no matter how intelligent the project will turn out to be."

"Great, thanks for the not helping." You shook your head and once again you took a deep breath.

"We will talk after this project is over."