Advent Event - "Without me" by Halsey with Theo Raeken

Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me

You stared at him from a distance, at the smile on his face when he basked in his new found powers, at the way he spoke to his so called pack, all scared teenagers who didn't know who else to turn to.

If only they had known Theo how you had found him, broken, damaged, without hope and without any power. If only they had seen how he had been down on his knees, so close to giving up, too weak to stand up again.

You had promised him revenge, a pack of his own, a world to conquer and countries to conquer. You had lit the flame in his heart again. You had created the dictator, high and mighty on his claimed throne, the throne you had built.

He didn't know that you were watching. Maybe he didn't even think of you anymore. After all, as soon as he had been strong enough he had simply determined that you were going too slow for his taste and had left you behind.

You don't have to say just what you did
I already know
I had to go and find out from them

Luckily Theo had never been one to keep low profile and to hide. He was simply too proud of himself to do so.

You had simply taught him too well that he was amazing and deserved people talking to him, caring for him and loving him. You had made him strong and given him wings.

But he just had tried to fly away from you.

He had never asked you why you had done it, why you had saved him, why you had helped him, why you had fed him confidence and faith and hope. He had never wondered why you had picked him and not one of the many other experiments who were tossed aside because they had failed.

If he had, you would have told him. You would have told him you loved him, you would have told him you saw yourself as his queen, ruling the world by his side by day and sleeping in his arms by night. You would have told him that you believed in him, because he was your everything.

I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why

But the more you watched him, from a distance and hidden in the shadows, the more you started to see him for what he had always been, deep down.

Even then, crumbled, broken and damaged he had, probably without really knowing it, used you to gain strength. Even before he had had the magical claws, he had sucked all your power out of you and had used it to grow stronger himself.

But he forgot one thing. He would have been nothing without you. He would have died without you. He would have been crushed without you.

You had given him his throne. You were also the one who could take it from him. Maybe you would do so.