Sorry, my murder is such an inconvenience

Austin's POV

"So, you're telling me that you and Nissa, have decided that it was a good idea for the two of you to work together?" the bastard sitting next to me burst out laughing as if the mere idea was absolutely ridiculous...and it was. Oh yeah, it definitely was. But he didn't get the right to laugh, so I slapped the back of his head, and smashed into his car in the game we were playing to further prove my point.

"You think I can't do it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I once again smashed into his car, making him curse and bump me with his shoulder.

"That's exactly what I think. You are gasoline and Nissa is the lighter. You're an explosion waiting to happen," he replied, tossing the controller on the table when I smashed into his car one last time, making it go up in flames, the words 'Player 1 Winner' flashing on the screen. "You're also a lousy cheater."

"Nope, I'm just that good. And you're wrong, Nissa is the gasoline, I'm the lighter." He rolled his eyes and stood up. I stood up as well and followed him to my kitchen.

"Please, that girl has you wrapped around her finger. She is definitely the lighter." I gave him an incredulous look, letting him know that his statement was highly offensive, before sticking my head into my refrigerator, scanning its contents for anything edible. So far, all I'd found were three ketchup packets, mustard and a six-pack of beer.

Grabbing three of the beers, I handed one to Jeff and headed to the door. "We're eating out; fridge is empty."

"You mean we're eating at Nissa's," he sarcastically replied and I shrugged. I didn't really have an argument for that since that's exactly what I meant every time I used the words: 'I'm eating out,' and Jeff already knew that.

Swinging Nissa's door open, I made myself known, "Oh honey, I'm home."

"Fuck off, Austin," she yelled from the kitchen, a delicious smell following suit. Kicking my shoes off, I grinned and headed to the small kitchen, Jeff in tow.

"Oh pumpkin, you say the nicest things to me," I replied with a grin as I rounded the corner to find her standing in the kitchen wearing nothing but short pajama shorts and a tiny singlet, my mouth immediately going dry as my eyes traveled down her legs. The heavens must have owed me some kind of favor since she was facing away from me at the stove, giving me enough time to let my eyes roam over her small frame. The girl would be the death of me. She really would be.

"Close your mouth, dumbass," I heard Jeff mumble as his hand slapped the back of my head, snapping me out of my lust-induced haze. "Hey, shortstack."

I watched with a scowl as she happily swung around and grabbed Jeff in a hug, a huge grin on her face. Jeff threw me a smirk and a grin over her shoulder. I was going to kill the bastard. "Hey, Jeff. Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you in forever."

"Keeping your boy toy out of trouble, of course," he answered with a grin, taking a swig of the beer that I had so graciously given him. Now, I hoped he chocked on it.

"He wishes," Nissa replied with a scoff. I rolled my eyes and walked over towards her, holding the third beer out to her, which she happily took. Reaching over her shoulder, I swiped a piece of carrot from the cutting board in front of her. My hand was almost out of reach when she slapped it on the back, making me drop the carrot on the floor. She bent down to pick it up and turned to give me a glare.

"I will chop them off," she muttered in that low voice she wished to hell was menacing, but really it was just adorable.

"You know, sometimes I think that you may actually want to physically hurt me, but then I realize how ridiculous that is since you're hopelessly in love with me," I replied with a putout sigh, something that just seemed to annoy her even more. I grinned and reached towards the vegetables once again, only to freeze when she lifted the knife in her hand and placed the tip near my chest. I felt my jaw unhinge as I gave her a pitiful look. She lifted an eyebrow in challenge and I growled.