You Stupid Pine Tree

I wasn't surprised, not even in the slightest. I'd always known Nissa was shy of a few missing marbles. She was nuts. It was one of my favorite things about her.

I knew she would be angry, oh yeah, I'd definitely known that, it was Nissa after all. Crazy, hot-headed, short-tempered Nissa. Sometimes I really did wonder if I was simply suicidal or a masochist, because dear god, her doing something this crazy made me love her even more.

"What are you doing?" I asked, giving her an apprehensive look, my eyes settling on the paper between her nimble fingers.

Moving towards me, she smiled, gripped my chin, and pressed her lips to mine in a quick kiss. "Just a little something I like to call, sweet, sweet painful revenge," she breathed, and despite the words leaving her lips, my head instinctively moved to her, chasing after her lips.

Keeping my head in place with the grip she had on my chin, she moved down, my eyes traveling after her, transfixed. I didn't even notice the paper sticking to my leg below my shorts, or the way she rubbed it to make sure it was completely stuck to my leg.

I'll regret that for the rest of my life.

"Ow, what the-" I hissed, my face contorting with pain, my teeth gritted together to stop the slew of curse words trying to get out. "Why the fuck do women do this?"

Holding the waxing strip between her fingers, she smirked, her eyes taking in all of the hair she'd just viciously yanked from my skin. "Was it as good for you as it was for me?"

"No, you lunatic," I growled, letting my head fall back, my eyes slipping shut as I tried to ignore the pain.

"Mhm, that's too bad," she mumbled, pouting, and I swear something was definitely wrong with me, because all I wanted to do was grab her and kiss the living hell out of her.

Shaking those thoughts out of my head, "How long are you going to keep this up for, pumpkin?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow, and she turned towards me with a shrug, a box in her hands.

"I don't know, how about we ask my little buddy here," she mumbled, absentmindedly, flipping the cover off of the box.

I felt my heart still in my chest, and I pulled in a sharp breath that left my lips in a hiss.

Oh fuck.

"Nissa, think this through, you're not being rational right now," I shook my head, trying desperately to back up, but I was tied to a fucking chair.

"Oh on the contraire, baby, I've never been more rational in my entire life," she mused, reaching into the box, the disgusting creature crawling up her fingers to her arm, and I shuddered, despite myself.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I mumbled, my heart racing in my chest, terrified for her as the ugly creature moved slowly up her arm.

She didn't even flinch.

She'd always loved animals, every kind. Even bugs. I'd always loved that about her, she believed that even the most disgusting looking creature was beautiful in its own way, and it reflected her character. Nissa always tried to find the good in everything.

Her flaw was looking for that good in people who just didn't have it.

"Nissa, put the spider down," I demanded, knowing damn well that she wouldn't listen.

"Now why would I do that?" she replied, moving towards me, holding the horrible, disgusting eight-legged creature in my direction, and I backed away as far as I could.

"Don't bring that thing any closer to me," I growled, my eyes glued to the ugly animal.

"And why not?" She replied, her voice as sweet as sugar. "What's the matter, Austin? Afraid of a little spider?"