I'm Lovable as Fuck

"So, are you going to untie me...or...?" Austin asked, lifting an eyebrow, and I squinted my eyes at him.

"Are you going to bolt the minute I do?" I replied, crossing my arms over my chest, and giving him a knowing look.

He averted his eyes, before shaking his head. "No."

"Liar."

"I won't, I promise," he replied, giving me a small smile and I sighed, resigned.

Moving over towards him, I pulled the knife out of my back pocket, holding it up, and he gave me a wide-eyed look, pulling back from me, and I rolled my eyes. I slid the knife under the zip-ties holding him to the chair, and cut them, setting him free.

He gave me a grateful smile, and rubbed his sore wrists with a wince. "Are you hungry? You look like you're hungry. You're probably hungry, I'll make you something to eat."

I gave him an unimpressed look, pursing my lips. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure? Because you look like you are. I can make you something to eat," he blurted, snapping up from the chair, making me take a step back, startled. "Sorry. I'm gonna make something to eat."

I placed a hand on his chest, and he stopped fidgeting with a sigh, leaning into me.

"The last time you tried cooking, you set half of the kitchen on fire," I reminded him, and he winced. "Those firefighters were not happy to be there for the third time that week."

He grimaced, scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, they still call me every month to tell me they hate me and that I'm an asshole."

"Yeah, well, what do you expect? Those poor dudes have saved your ass more times than they've saved Mrs. Johnson's cat," I replied, smirking. "And you know how much she loses that thing."

"That woman should not be allowed to own any type of animal," he replied with a shudder.

"You're just saying that because she hates you," I replied, smugly.

"No one hates me! I'm lovable as fuck," he grumbled, completely put out that there was someone who could actually dislike him. Wasn't as uncommon as he thought.

"You peed all over her door, screaming 'vengeance is mine' at the top of your lungs at three in the morning," I rolled my eyes, and he glared at me.

"Hey, her stupid cat started it," he argued, and I lifted an eyebrow.

"You slept with her granddaughter, and never called her back. I'd say the cat peeing on your door was karmic justice," I shrugged, and he smirked.

"Yeah, I actually can't argue with that," he replied. "Ride!"

I gave him a puzzled look, when he nodded, trying to get around me. "What?"

"We should go for a ride!" He grabbed my shoulders and moved me aside, heading towards the door before I grabbed his shirt, pulling him back.

"No," I growled. "No more stalling, Dashwood."

He sighed, visibly, and turned towards me, his bottom lip between his teeth and his eyes filled with worry. "Are you sure you don't-"

"Austin..."

He nodded, resigned, "Okay." Slumping down into one of the beanbags, he buried his face in his hands, running his fingers through his hair, nervously. "If by the end of this, you decided that you don't want anything to do with me, just know...just know that I-I don't blame you, okay?"

He lifted his head, his eyes meeting mine, and I swallowed, nodding.

I wanted to promise him that that wouldn't happen; that no matter what he said, I would be here for him. Tell him that I wouldn't leave him, and I honestly didn't know if I would be able to. I didn't know what I would do. For the first time in forever when it came to Austin I knew absolutely nothing with certainty. He could tell me something horrifying, something that would change everything, but I honestly didn't know if I would have the strength to walk away from him.