27

~3 days after the incident~

Jungshook's POV:

"Does everyone have their sneakers?" Jin shouts from the other room, attempting to get us all out the door in the next 10 minutes.

Today is our last day in our studio before we hit our debut stage to practice No More Dream. It's extremely exciting but also nerve racking at the same time since there are such high expectations for us.

"Okay, I think we're all good, right?" Jin looks around quickly, "Yah! Tae! Get up off the couch!"

I watch Namjoon let out a sigh of disapproval. To be honest, Taehyung has been pretty beaten down these days... not himself at all.

"I'm leaving," Yoongi mumbles in his morning voice, all of us following him out the door.

"Wait! Did anyone check for RaeJae?" I speak up with my finger in the air, the Hyungs turn to me with exhausted looks.

"She's obviously not back if the note we left on her door hasn't moved," Jimin frowns.

"Hyung, you don't know that," I wave him off, going to knock on her door for myself.

I hit my fist against her door in the same place that I have for the past three days. Not once has anyone opened or even touched the door from the other side out of all those times. Not once.

"RaeJae-Ssi! It's time to go to practice," I call, of course no one answer in response. I knock again, but this time a little louder.

"Jungkook.. no ones inside there," Jimin says to me.

"Yah! Rae!" My voice raises as well as my knocks, "Get out here!"

"Woah, Jungkook-"

"RAE?! Why'd you leave! Why'd you give us up!" I scream, now angrily beating the door with all my might. I don't know if it's because I'm mad at her or because I'm mad at myself.

She may have left us but I'm the one who let her go.

"Hey! Calm down, Jungkook!" I feel myself being pulled away from her door by Namjoon. I slowly pull myself together, staring at her door as if I could put lasers through it.

"I know it's frustrating but we need to stay focused. We're debuting in just a few days whether it's with or without RaeJae," Namjoon sighs, "now let's get to practice,"

RaeJae's POV:

I have to go back at some point... or do I? It feels like I've only been good for causing trouble ever since the start. If they really want to be a strong idol group, do they even need me?

I sigh while running my fingers through my hair. I've been staying at a cheap, dusty old motel for the past three nights with some cash that mysteriously appeared in my jacket pocket. Honestly I think Yoongi was just being sneaky about paying me back for the keyboard.

Normally I'd be mad at him for that, but in a situation like this I'm quite grateful. If it weren't for him I'd probably be starving in an ally way right now.

Now, the night I ran off I wasn't originally planning on disappearing. I was hoping to get back to the dorms but one thing lead to another and I basically got lost. Just when I found my way I felt the money in my pocket and things changed.

I couldn't help but think about the "what ifs", and frankly, all of them seemed to be pretty legit. Like, "what if they don't want me back," or "what if I just go back to living as I used to,".