89

RaeJae's POV:

YoungJae pulls me aside to somewhere private, explaining the entire story of his younger sister who was kidnapped, but never found. Her name was Choi Raein, scarily similar to my stage name Rain, and my real name RaeJae.

I nod along as I listen, already knowing this story for myself. Although Raein is most definitely me, I've grown up my whole life knowing myself as Choi RaeJae.

A girl from a not so good family, and a bit so good life, who somehow managed to make her dreams happen all on her own. I'm proud of myself for that, but the way he explains these things makes me feel guilty for not realizing it sooner.

"So," Youngjae pauses once he's finished explaining, "I have reason to believe that you are her, Choi Raein,"

I look at him, unable to find the right words to say. As I said before, I have no desire to meet my real parents. Not because I resent them or anything, but because I don't want to know what could've been if I hadn't been taken away.

If I don't remember them, meeting Youngjae's family would be very difficult for me. I've already found a family of my own. Youngjae says he parents actually became better after I was taken for the rest of our siblings, so at least something good came from the bad.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but my parents searched years for Raein. They couldn't find her so they've told themselves that she's living happily somewhere which is why she hasn't come back herself. They truly believe that too," He further explains.

"Well," I breath out, playing with my fingers, "I don't think I'm her,"

"You don't?" He replies. I can almost feel his heart drop along with mine.

"But if I was, or, rather if she were here. She would probably say how proud she is of who you've become... and how happy she is that your family is still whole without her. And that she's living happily, with her own family too..." I trail off.

Living happily, with her own family. Her own family that she left.

I need to go back.

"How do you know if she's living happily?" His eyes pierce mine, almost as if he understands that I'm her but not at the same time.

"Because I think I know her better than anyone else," I say, Youngjae just about falling of his chair, "but maybe she wants thing to stay as they are,"

"Why?" He asks slowly.

"She's guilty. She doesn't remember her mom dad, siblings, or her Home and other relatives. She raised herself believing she was alone. If she meets her real family she'll be guilty, uncomfortable even," I explain, wondering why I'm still talking as if Raein isn't me.

"She doesn't have to be though," He shakes his head back and forth.

I shrug my shoulders, not having any more to say, "I think I should help Bambam with Black Ops now,"

I get up and start to walk out when I feel his hand on my wrist. He spins me around, hugging me, "I missed you,"

I hug him back, feeling resent towards myself for never realizing the obvious. There was no possible way I could be genetically related to those people who were my 'parents'. I almost always had that idea but never acted on.

"I'm sorry, oppa," I whisper, confirming that he's my brother.

"But I understand. It would be shocking for my.. our parents too. They're finally at a good place in their lives, so I'll keep your secret with you," He answers.