51

RaeJae's POV:

As soon as my mother opens the door to the apartment I grew up in for all those years I feel the need to vomit. So many unwanted memories were made here and it only clenches my heart even more. I feel like I'm being suffocated here.

"Take your shït," My father growls, throwing my suitcase and bag to the ground. It fall open and I'm forced to get on my knees to clean it up.

"AI!" I yelp after my mother steps on my right hand with her heel. I swear I just heard a crack. My hand trembles with pain and all I can do is stare at it wide eyed. Somethings wrong, I can't move my fingers.

"Sorry Hun, didn't see you there. I guess you aren't that relevant," she cackles. That's such an overused diss. I simply roll my eyes, stuffing whatever's left on the ground into my suitcase and rushing to my room.

"Oh my god..." I breath out while cradling my hand. It's already starting to swell. I whimper as I try to rap it with white T-Shirt from my suitcase to keep the swelling down.

I take a second to gather myself. If I want to get out of here I must to stay focused. Like what Jimin said, I have to do whatever it takes to get back to them.

The familiar sound of the staticky TV and arguing blares into my room once I open the door. Quietly, I tiptoe to the closet at the end of the hall which holds all of my medical files from over the years. Most of them are due to abuse but was never proved nor reported.

If I can prove it then the decision would be obvious, I'd be able to return to Bangtan. I grab the entire file box to go through in my room.

"YAH! Hot shot, get in here," I jump at my mothers squeaky voice and quickly throw the box into my room.

"Yes?" I reply, stepping out of the hallway.

"How much money do you got to your name kid?" My father asks with his fingers entangled in his ratty beard.

"Nothing," I answer.

"What do you mean nothing?" He scoffs, "obviously something if your a fücking idol,"

"Clearly you don't understand that idol's aren't necessarily rich. On top of that we just debuted meaning we aren't that popular. Most of our paychecks are used for promotions so no, I have no money to my name," I try to explain as calmly as possible.

"Okay smart äss," He gets up from his recliner causing a loud squeak to ring through the room.

"I promise if I had money I'd give it to you but I just-" I stop when he's standing right in front of me. Wait a minute, don't I want him to be mad at me? However, I already have my hand injury I'm not really looking for anything more.

"Listen here, we need money and fast," He abruptly grabs the color of my shirt.

"I'd hand it over before your father does something to you that you'll regret," My Mom smirks.

"LET GO OF ME!" I yell, removing his hand with such force that I land on the ground.

"OW, ow ow," I whimper with my bad hand held tightly to my chest. Any movement I try to make with it feels like knifes are being twisted into my skin.

"Something wrong you sissy?" He laughs, pushing my over onto my butt with his foot.

I gather all my anger up so that I can overcome the pain, sadness, and frustration. This is the only way I can make it to where I want to be.

"Nope," I pop the P and look straight into his eyes, "In fact, everything is just perfect,"

"Wow, you really are twisted," my mom raises her eyebrows at me.

"No, I'm just saying that you'll have a really hard time explaining this," I show them my swollen hand, "And come to think of it, I think you're messing with the wrong girl. You see, I have soooo much on you two. For abuse, fraud, theft, you name it,"

"Like you can prove any of that," He spits in my face. I discretely look down at my phone in my pocket, I've been recording this whole time.

"Maybe, but you know in your hearts that you enjoy ruining my life. If I'm not happy, you are. If I'm living my life the way I want, your one goal is to stop me. All you want me for is money which is just completely idiotic. It probably costed you your life's savings to get a stupid lawyer to win me back,"

"Which is why you are going to pay us back and more," My mothers eye starts to twitch. This happens when she's being proved wrong.

"BUT I HAVE NO MONEY! I have nothing to give you! So stop this all now and save the little dignity you have left,"

My father turns to my mother, "We should've never taken this kid away from where she came from back then,"

"Yeah! So let me go back!" I interrupt.

"Shut it! We aren't taking about Big Hit! We are taking about when you were younger,"

"When I was younger?"

"Come on. You must know that you aren't related to us. You're a fücking twit. We're the upper class compared to garbage like you," He chuckles as if he's right. I hate people who can't see themselves in the mirror.

"I was adopted?" I raise my eyebrows. This is surprisingly good news to me.

"...somewhat," my mother tries not to laugh as if she's hiding some hilarious secret.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Who cares," My father grunts, his foot landing on my injured hand. Seriously.

"STOAAHH," I literally scream so loud a pot falls off the shelf in the kitchen. Tears fall from my eyes and I don't think I'll be able to stop this time.

"Fück you," I squeal out, trembling as I sprint into my room. Blood is now soaking the white T-short  causing my breathing to become heavy. I hate the sight of blood.

I quickly un ravel the T-Shirt and hold myself back from puking. It looks like a bone has popped out of the skin.

"Ah-" I whimper, helplessly wondering what to do in this type of situation. A few drops of my blood land on a newspaper clipping below, the title catching my attention.

'Missing 4 year old girl found dead in pond after 3 weeks of searching'

I fall to my knees and start reading the article.

'4 year old Choi Raein was finally found after 3 weeks of constant search. Choi Jangmi and Choi Dongha, her parents, lost site of her on February 3rd after attending a festival with their other son and daughter.'

I skip some of the writing and study a picture of the missing girl. She's smiling widely with her brother labeled 'Youngjae' next to her. Raein is similar to my stage name... and her face is similar to mine... holy shït am I-

"AIsHhha," I stop wondering about it anymore when the throbbing of my hand becomes unbearable. At this rate I think I'll lose too much blood.

I've had enough, I don't care what happens to those two human beings anymore. I take out my phone a dial the hospital. I'm looking out for myself from now on.

A lady answers on the other side and I tell her everything, From my hand to the abuse. She tells me to stay on the phone and that she'll send an ambulance and a police team. I quickly tell her that staying on the phone would be too dangerous, and that I'll be okay to wait in silence.

However, when I hang up I instantly dial Yoongi.