72

RaeJae's POV:

"Your name is RaeJae?" Youngjae asks again.

I stare at him for what feels like forever. The image of the newspaper clip with the story of what I sincerely believe to be about me running through my mind.

Is this boy in front of me really my brother?

"Yes," I nod, putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

Something is stopping me from spilling the entire story word for word to him because it seems wrong. His whole life he has probably thought his sister, or me, was gone forever. Plus, how can I be 100% certain I am her.

The last thing I want to do is give false hope to anyone.

"May I ask who your parents are?" He tilts his head curiously, his eyes holding a sense of doubt that words can't explain, "It's just that you remind me a lot of someone I used to know,"

I pause for a moment, "I was emancipated at a young age, so I don't really have contact with my parents anymore," I decide to reply truthfully.

"Oh... and were they your real parents?" He continues to explore the idea.

"Unfortunately," I sigh, Jungkook nudging me slightly as if to ask why I'm not saying anything else.

"Ah, I'm sorry to hear that," Youngjae finally stops pressing for answers, but his face says something different.

"Um, I think manager-nim is asking us to leave. It was nice meeting you," Yoongi interjects softly.

"See you soon? You and Jungkook should come lunch or something with Yugyeom and I sometime," BamBam smiles with a wave.

"That'd be great!" I smile back, turning around, "goodbye!"

"I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand,"

I feel my heart stop in my chest as my feet feel like they're paved in cement. This song has always been familiar to me but I never knew why because no one around me knew of it.

"I felt the earth, beneath my feet
Say by the river and it made me complete,"

Yoongi and Jungkook both stop along with me, staring back at Youngjae who has just broken into song for what seems like no reason to them.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone?"

"I'm getting old in I need something to rely on..." I sing under my breath.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" I hear BamBam laugh without turning around.

"It's a song," Youngjae says simply.

"...yeah... but... why are you singing it..." BamBam trails off.

Yoongi puts his hand around my arm to make me look at him. He jerks his head slightly in the direction of the door, and I decide to follow his advice.

"Somewhere only we know by Keane," I say over my shoulder, "it's a good song,"

Yoongi's POV:

What would happen if RaeJae and Youngjae were to uncover the truth?

I mean, I'm pretty convinced that this is the truth considering Youngjae's reaction earlier.