94

Jungkook's POV:

"Hyung? Can I borrow your phone?" I ask J-Hope.

"For what?" Yoongi raises his eyebrows at me, even though I wasn't looking for his reply

"I want to text Rae," I roll my eyes, Hobie handing me his phone.

"If you want to talk to her then just wake her up," Yoongi looks at me with a disgusted face as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

"Are you being serious?" I look at him, confused.

"Hyung, she isn't here anymore, remember?" Jimin sighs, continuing to play his video game.

"Aish," Yoongi shakes his head, walking over to his room.

I look at Jimin who seems completely unfazed by this whole situation. Honestly, I'm the same at this point. At first we were all extremely sad and against the proposition to send her away, but this all happened almost a year ago from today.

After the pictures of Yoongi and her surfaced, RaeJae was riddled with anxiety. The things antis said about her were unmentionable, drowning out any of the positive remarks from ARMYs.

The worst part is no one really got angry at Yoongi, it was all directed towards her.

That's when Bang PD-Nim offered an opportunity for her to escape. He told her that she could become a host on an idol interview show that luckily wanted her to come on even after all the controversy.

This meant she had to leave us, because the idol show was based in LA.

All of us said that it was ridiculous, but RaeJae said yes to it as soon as it was mentioned. It was almost as if she wanted to leave us, but Bang PD-Nim gave her the option to return to BTS after a year.

That year is almost up and it doesn't look like she will be returning.

I look down at her text messages with Hobie. She's only ever replied twice, and Hobie has sent about a thousand messages. We all have. She never reads any of ares but has read most of Hobies. I'm curious as to why that is.

I'd just like to know.

"Everyone, we need to get to the studio by 7. Let's leave now," Namjoon comes into the living room.

"I think Yoongi Hyung went back to bed though," I say.

"Can you wake him up? Meet us in the car," Namjoon replies.

I watch my hyungs walk out, awkwardly gulping out of fear. I'm sorry but waking Yoongi up is practically a death sentence and I'd rather live for a while longer.

"Yoongi Hyung! We're leaving!" I call from where I'm sitting, too afraid to enter his room.

No answer.

I slowly walk towards his door, slightly pushing it open just to see in. Instead of sleeping, Yoongi is just staring at the wall in front of him.

"Hyung?" I ask.

There's a slight pause before he says, "Am I stupid for always forgetting?"

I blinked a few times, waiting for him to get up and walk out. Usually he says things like this and then doesn't give us time to reply. However, this time it looks like he's waiting for me to say something.

"No. If anything it just means that you have hope..." I trail off, Ive never been any good at giving advice or saying the right things to make someone feel better.

He shakes his head back and forth, looking to the ground, "I don't have any hope, Jungkook. Maybe I used to, but that was months ago,"

"Why'd you lose it?" I reluctantly ask.