Chapter 25: Harry from Queens

*Back to Finley's perspective*

Race and Mush placed me on the coach in the office. Mr. Kloppman never came in here. My stomach hurt and I winced when I sat down. Race then spoke up.

"Jeez Finn, what, did ya get hit by a train?" He tried to lighten the mood, that's why I loved him.

I smiled. "Just a bad fight, you should see the other guys though."

Race smiled and held onto my hand. 

"Oh yeah I'll see them," Jack said, stepping into the room. "You's gonna tell me who did tis to ya."

I just looked at him. I knew Jack would take care of things, but some part of me didn't want to tell him. The Queens guys would pay for what they did to me, but I was not the one for revenge. Before I was so mad, I didn't mind, but now I just want to leave this in the past.

"Finn, who was it?" Jack asked again, sternly.

I looked down and kept my eyes on the ground. Jack motioned for Race, Mush, and Kid to leave the room. They obeyed and only Jack and I were here. He sat down next to me and took my hand. 

"Finley, I's jus wanna know who tis was. It wasn't right for them to do tis to ya! I'll take care of everythin', jus please give me the names. These boys can't get away with nothin'."

I took a deep breath. "Fine." I said. "They's were from Queens. Big boys, like twice the size of me, muscles and awl, and I think I heard Spot say the name Harry at one point."

"Harry?" Jack looked very angry. "That boys always trouble. He's picked fights wit 'hattan boys before, and they ain't turned out pretty, for us mostly. This makes sense, though, he's one to do this to ya."

Jack patted my hand and got up. He looked like he was thinking, hard. 

"Jus, sleep here tonight, I'm sure you's don't want to have the otha boys seein' you like this. I'll be back soon."

He left the room. I stayed silent. I examined my body, this was the first time I could get a look at me. I spotted a small mirror on the desk, I walked over slowly, holding my stomach, and grabbed it. I pulled it up to my face and saw my cheek covered with dried blood. My mouth was red and sore. My neck had a small line of blood from where the knife made a small cut. I bit my lip. I looked bad, but it could have been worse, I try to tell myself. I put the mirror down and sat back down on the coach. I laid back and tried to shut my eyes and get some rest, but it was not working. Then, Race came into the room. He was holding a damp towel in his hands.

"Thought you would like this?" He said.

I smiled at him and sat up. I again winced at the pain. I wonder how long this was going to go on for. 

"Here." He handed me the towel and the reached for the mirror. Race held it in front of my face to I could see where I was wiping. The towel was cool and it felt nice on my face.

"So, you's wanna tell me what really happened?" He raised his eyebrows.

I put the towel down for a second and sighed. I looked back at the door to make sure it was closed and no one else was coming in. I could trust Race, I had to trust him.

"Well, the boys were from Queens, I did tell Jack that, and one of them was named, Harry."

Race rubbed his face. "Harry?" He said.

"Yeah, what's up wit this guy any way? Jack had the same reaction as you."

"He jus ain't a nice guy. Once you said Queens, I kinda thought it was him, but anyway, go on." He made a gesture with his hand for me to continue.

"I was headin' ova to see Spot, and when Harry bumps into me..."

I explain the whole story in full detail. I wanted someone to know, other than Spot, just in case.

Race sighed. "So, you's was beat up, because you's Spot goil?"

I looked at the ground and nodded.

"Listen Finn, I's love ya, and don't eva wanna see you get hurt. I knows you like Spot too, but, this guy is trouble. I want ya to be happy, but Spot has many enemies, and most of them ain't afraid to go afta a goil. I's jus want ya to be safe."

"I know, I know," I told Race. "I know you's and Jack, and everyone else is lookin' out for me, but I's old enough to make my own decisions. I's really like Spot, and I understood what I's was gettin' into when I first started being wit him. I... really like him..." I trailed off. 

Thinking of Spot made me want to be with him even more. My mind wondered off for a few seconds. I could just imagine him waiting outside, until everyone was asleep to come and see me.

"Awright," Race said, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "I trust ya Finn, and, if you's happy, I's happy."

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him. This was why he was my best friend. He understood me, and if I was going to jump off a bridge, he would be right by my side.

_____________________

Sorry, short chapter!