Chapter 27: About, You and Spot

"Finn," I heard Jack say.

I saw him standing by the door way. He had his arms crossed and he didn't look happy.

"What were you's doin' outside?" He asked.

"I's was watchin'..." I started, but Jack cut me off.

"Why didn't you's jus tell me?"

"Tell ya what?" I asked.

He sighed. "About, you and Spot."

He rubbed the back of his neck and paced the floor. He must have heard us talking just now. Oh no, this is not going to go well.

"Finley, you's know I don't like him." Jack said. I drew my eyes to the ground, refusing eye contact with him. "He's rude, and untrustworthy, and has neva had a good reputation..."

"Jack," I tried to interrupt.

"And he's from Brooklyn, some bad things go down there..."

"Jack," I said again.

"And you's my little sista, he'd probably jus goin' to use ya and then hurt ya..."

"Jack!" I yelled.

He looked at me, surprised I just yelled at him. I motioned for him to step into the room I slept in last night. I didn't want anyone else to hear our conversation. I closed the door and turned back around to face Jack.

"Jus, give me a few minutes to explain..." I told him.

We sat next to each other on the couch.

"So," Jack said. "When, how, how long has this been goin' on for?"

I gave him an uneasy look. "Eva since the strike started."

"That long, huh?" Jack rubbed his face. 

I nodded. "So, did ya," I pointed towards the front door.

"Yeah, I over heard you's two talkin' jus now."

"Okay." I said.

We sat their in silence for a few seconds. Neither of us knew what to say.

"Okay, Jack, jus listen to me." I started. "I's know you think Spot isn't a great guy, but, I see the side no one else see's in him. He's truly sweet, and kind, and he really cares about me, and I's really care about him. We's really like each otha. He ain't just usin' me, trust me on that one."

Jack just kept his eyes forward. I grabbed his hand.

"And, I's know I's your litta sista, but I's 17, and can make my own decisions for myself. I'll be 18 afta winter. I's know what I'm doin' and Spot and I really have a great thin' goin'."

"Oh Finley," He said. "I's knows Spot, he ain't a great guy. There's neva been any good things when he's around. I's don't think I can trust him wit ya..."

"Jack," I pleaded. "Jus, listen. You's may think you's know him, but, ya don't, kay? We's been keepin' on the low, no one really knows about us 'ere. I's promise you, Spot ain't gonna hurt me in any way, shape, or form. You's can talk to him if you want..."

"Yes," Jack said, standing up. "I's like to speak wit this 'newly changed Spot Conlon'."

Jack still didn't seem convinced. I sighed and looked at him.

"Fine." I said. "But, you's have to promise to be nice to him?"

"I ain't gonna be nice to him, he's been wit my sista for the past few weeks and been keepin' in behind me back, trust me, I'll be as nice as I's can, but I's ain't promisin' you anythin'."

I scoffed. That was my brother for you. He acted tough, but I think he's trying to wrap his head around it. He's family, and he wants me to be happy, so I think he's going to try and accept Spot and I.

"I'll set up somethin' for ya two." I said, giving Jack a hug.

__________________

Sorry for the delay in posting :(( 

I've been so extremely busy, but I promise I will finish this story!