Chapter 39: I Love You

Night had came upon the city of New York, and I saw this as my opportunity. All the newsies were upstairs asleep and Mr Kloppman had gone to his room. I waited until I heard no movement outside the door, and got up. I was sore, and had a limp, but I could walk. I couldn't stay here. Jack was not going to keep me cooped up.

I opened the door slowly and peaked my head out to check if anyone was there. Luckily, no one. I thought Jack might have posted someone outside my door just in case I was myself, meaning I would try to get away. I walk as stealthily as possible to the front door. I smiled and couldn't believe I was actually getting away with this. My hand grabbed the front door handle and I began to pull it open. Half way open, it let out a huge squeak. I cringed, praying I didn't wake anyone up. I wait a minute and no one came down the stairs. I shrugged, I could fit through the door now. I slipped through and shut the door behind me.

I knew the way to Brooklyn pretty well now. I didn't know what time it was, but it was late. Not a soul was on the streets. It was just me, and the fading light of the few lamp posts. I limped down the side walk, lost in my thoughts. I thought about Spot and how excited I was to see him, and how Jack is just trying to look out for me because he's my big brother, the only family I have... The night gave a small chill and I wrapped my arms around my body to give me some warmth. Summer was coming to an end soon and then fall would begin. All the different colors in the trees made me feel happy. I spent most of my time in the parks, laying down in the grass looking up at the sky and trees. It was my comfort place, it gave me feelings I never had before.

The sound of moving water pulled me out of my thoughts. I had finally reached Brooklyn. I turned down the dock and saw Mac and Bud standing there. They must have recognized me and didn't stop me.

"Finn, that you's?" Mac asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"How you's feelin'? Hourd what happened..." Bud asked.

I nodded. "I's feelin' fine, betta than yesterday."

They stepped aside and let me pass through. I smiled at them and walked over towards Spot room. I lightly knocked on his door and it opened fast. 

"Finn?" He came over to me and helped me onto his bed. It felt good to rest my leg. "What-what you's doin' here? God, Jack's gonna kill me." 

"Now don't you's worry about him." I said. "I jus, needed to see you..."

There was a few seconds of silence before Spot spoke again.

"But Jack's right." He spoke so low I couldn't hear him.

"Hm?" 

"Jack's right Finley." Spot then stood up and ran his hands through his hair. "You's like dis because of me, despite what you's say, it's my fault."

"Spot, I-"

"No, Finn, come on. Jus let me accept the fact." His back faced me and he was looking at himself in the mirror.

"Oh Spot, I's don't want you's to live with somethin' like that. Please, jus-"

Just then, Spot turned around and came over to me. He pressed his lips on mine, stopping me from talking. I closed my eyes and put my hands behind his head, holding him there. It felt good. This kiss made me forget everything. It was passionate and I felt him not letting go, and I didn't want him to. I laid down on my back, Spot on top of me, still kissing. He made my pain and sorrow go away. 

After a few minutes, I pulled away. Spot looked at me, confused. If I didn't pull away, I think we would have stayed like that forever. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I smiled. "Absolutely nothin'." 

Spot leaned down, gave me a quick kiss and then laid down next to me. We just starred at the ceiling above us. I then felt Spot looking at me. I turned my head and his eyes were on mine.

"What?" I blushed looking away.

"Absolutely nothin'." He smiled.

I faced him. "Those are my words Spot Conlon." I teased.

He chuckled and reached over and grabbed my hand. His hand was holding mine, not letting go. I held on as well. I felt safe with him.

"Boy, what are we's gonna do about you's brotha." Spot said. 

"I's think, he'll understand."

"Really?"

I smirked. "No, it'll be a fews weeks of convincin', but he'll come round." We both laughed.

"I's already talked to the boys, and they's fine wit you's comin' here and sellin', and stayin' here wit me." Spot told me.

"Thank you's." I smiled at him. "I think I'll have to talk to the boys longa then Jack. I's know Race had a hard time when I's was here for a few nights."

"Did you's two used to date?"

"What? Me and Race? No way." I laughed. "We's jus really good friends. As a matta of fact, he's my best friend."

Spot smiled back at me and winked. "I love you's Finley Kelly."

Our eyes came together and I knew he was the guy I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. He was my soulmate, my life, my love. I couldn't imagine being happier in any other moment of my life.

"I loves you too Spot Conlon."

_______________

Wow guys I am so sorry for my absence:( 

I thought since it was summer i would have more time, but i was wrong. Anyway, school has started up again and until I get into the swing of things, I'm not sure when I will be posting. But for now, here's the next and final chapter! This story has been going on for a while, and I fiured it was a good place to end. I'm sorry again, and I feel bad I haven't posted in a while. All though, I am working on another story! The first few chapters will be posted soon! 

Please let me know what you think in the comments!

I hope you guys enjoyed Brooklyn's Queen!!