The Truth?

Laura just took off after Maia confessed her feelings for me. I was just so lost in my own world of happiness I didn't realize my best friend leave. I'm not sure if it's bad to care more about your best friend than your crush but that's the situation I'm in. I looked at Maia and then back at the hallway Laura ran down. Maia was looking at me with sympathy.

"Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to hurt her," Maia said, walking closer to me. I looked at her confused. "Don't worry Rossy, she'll be okay," Maia smirked. She put my hands on my chest and started to get closer and closer. I really didn't want this right now. She hurt Laura, and that's crossing the line, even if she didn't mean to. "Not now Maia," I said sternly. "What Rossy? You don't like me back?" She asked. I thought for awhile.

"I honestly don't know anymore," I said and ran after Laura.

***

I walked past a closet that had sobs coming out of it, but not just sobs, screaming. Silent screaming. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. Was Laura in there? I had to look. If she was in there I need to know. She needs me right now, and I need her.

I try to open the door but it was locked. Shit. I need to get in there. Then I remember when Maia was trying to keep me with her, I snagged a bobby pin out of her hair. I smirked to myself, I'm a genius. I had a feeling that she would be in a locked up area. I took it out and jiggled it in the door knob. I then heard the lock turn and that meant I was successful. I swung the door open and what I saw broke my heart.

"R-Ross?" Laura stuttered. She had a cord in her hand and there was blood all over her arm. Tears flooded her face while they threatened to fall from mine. "Laura, what the hell?" I asked letting the tears fall. "I-I have n-no idea what to s-say," Laura choked out. "Then don't say anything," I said now crying. I knelt down and picked her up and put her on my lap. She just cried harder. "Shhh, Laur, please stop crying," I said while rubbing her back and crying myself. "Ross, I can't help myself. My life is a mess. It's like I have nobody," Laura cries.

My heart breaks. "Laur, I'll always be there. So will my family. You know you'll never be alone. Ever. And that's a promise I never intend to break," I explain. She looks up at my with tears all over her face. I look into her eyes but then shift my gaze to her arm that's been cut by what I assume are cords. "Laura, why?" I ask. "She looks down at her bleeding arm that I am now cleaning up with my shirt. Laura shrugged. "Why not?" she said, "You know Ross, you didn't have to take off your shirt just to help clean up my arm," she sighed. I looked up at her. "I'd do anything for you," I say.

Laura blushed. I just love it when she blushes. I smiled goofily at her. She frowned though. "Ross, we can't do the interview. Look at me, I'm a mess," I sigh. "Hey, you're beautiful," I stated. She smiled. "But still Ross, we can't do it," she sighed. I smirked. "Okay, then let's bail," I said. She smiled and I stuck out my hand. She took it and we left the closet and sprinted to the back exit. We ran out the door and were finally free. We kept running until we got to a Frozen Yogurt place called The Yogurt Barn. "Want some Fro-Yo?" I asked Laura. "You know I do," she said poking my cheek.

After that we went to the beach and had a sand castle building contest.

"I'm so gonna beat you," Laura taunted me. "Nuh Uh," I stuck my tounge out like a little kid and kept building my castle. Laura came over to me once hers was done. "Not bad for a rookie," Laura laughed. "Oh really?," I asked. I grabbed her by her waist and spun her around. I began to lean in when I heard a voice that I wanted to stay away from for awhile.

"Ross...?"

A/N- Hey Guys! Who do you think interrupted them? Hmmmm. ;) Anyways, if there is a place called the Yogurt Barn I don't own it haha. Anyways, love all of you and hope to write soon! If you have any ideas just put them in the comments! Thanks! -Hailee