The New Old Us

I woke up on a couch. I was extremely confused, but then I looked around the room and saw Laura in the kitchen. I smiled. So that's where I was. I looked at my phone and saw no new messages. My family knew very well where I went, so they had no desire to try and call me. They know that when I'm on a mission, I ain't stopping for anyone.

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen. "Hey Ross, sleep well?" Laura asked, putting pancakes on a plate for me. I smiled and sat down. "Yeah, how about you?" I asked. "Pretty good. I guess I've had worse and better, you know?" Laura replied. I chuckled. "Yeah, I know," I said in reply. "Coffee?" Laura asked. "Do you have chocolate milk?" I asked.

Laura laughed. Her laugh is so beautiful. "Of course I do," she said, getting me some, along with herself. "So Laura, the band is thinking of throwing a huge party in honor of the kickoff of the LOUDER 2014 World Tour, for the US portion. It'll probably be on Saturday. Think you can make it?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I don't see why not. I'm upset you're leaving for tour though," Laura said, a little quiet. "Oh yeah, about that. Rydel was complaining about being all alone on tour and stuff like that, so she convinced mom to bring you along. Kya, Kelc, and Sav are going to meet us at our show in New York and we'll all hang out that night, then we hit the road the next day," I explained.

Laura dropped her fork. "I'm c-coming with you?" she asked. I smirked. "Yep," I laughed. She ran over and hugged me, really tight. I didn't mind though. I'm in love with this girl, so like I care. "Ross! This is so exciting!" Laura said into my chest. I snuggled my head into the crook of her neck. "I know Laura," I said into her ear.

She pulled away and smiled at me. "My house is totally out of groceries, want to go get some?" she asked. "Sure thing, as long as you get something I like," I said to her. "In your dreams blondie," she said, going upstairs. I laughed and grabbed my phone.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Laura came down stairs wearing a shirt from Hollister that said 'Surf is Life', denim high waisted shorts and her orange converse. She grabbed her purse and looked at me.

I was totally staring at her.

"Laura, woah. Did it just get hot in here? Oh wait that's you," I flirted. "Oh shut up Ross," she said and we started walking to the grocery store.

[][][][][][][]

"What on earth is this," I asked Laura. "That's calamari," she answered, smiling. "What the hell is that?" I asked. "Squid," she said. "Aw, nasty! That's just plain old wrong," I said, throwing it back. Laura laughed and pushed the cart along. I kept throwing stuff inside the cart that she didn't want.

"Seriously Ross? That's the fifth time you've tried to put pancake mix into the cart," Laura wined. "C'mon Laur, it's soooooo good," I protested. She rolled her eyes. "Fine," she said. I smiled and pumped my fist in the air in succession. Laura went ahead of me and we and went to pay. "Hey Laura, I'll pay. I owe it to you," I said, going past her to the till. "No way Ross. I won't let yo-" I cut her off by putting my debit card into the machine.

I looked over at Laura and smiled cheekily. "Screw you," she said sarcastically. I finished paying and we walked outside. I sneakily snuck up behind Laura and grabbed her by the waist. I put her in the cart and grabbed a hold of it. "Ross! What the hell?" Laura laughed. I turned my phone on and clicked the camera icon.

I turned it to video and pressed record. "Okay so Laura is going to go down this hill in her grocery cart," I said into the camera. Her eyes went wide. "WHAT?" She yelled. I laughed like a little kid. I pushed the cart and it started going down the hill. It picked up speed and we were both laughing. Once it got to full speed, I sprinted after her. "Having fun Laura?" I yelled down at her. "ROSS, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU," Laura said jokingly.

The cart came to a hault and she jumped out and ran after me. I continued to laugh like a little kid. "Got to go world, I need to run like hell right now," I said and then ended the video.

Laura caught up to me and jumped on my back and I caught her. "Nice try little lady," I said to her. "Shut up," she said and I kept walking with her on my back.

We didn't even realize we had left those groceries in that cart. We didn't care.

It was Ross and Laura again. Like it was on Austin and Ally. Like it always should have been.

It was like we were the New Old Us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait and sorry it's short. Something really big happens next chapter and you may not like it. :O Anyways, love you all so much.

-haileexoxo