Remember Her?

'LAURA, LAURA COME BACK," I called running after her. She just wouldn't stop. I lost sight of her figure  and walked back to my house.

I walked into the door sulking, only to be greeted by the person I wanted to see the least right now. "Ross! Ross! Oh my goodness, I thought you were dead!" Maia wailed. I rolled my eyes. "Maia, relax I'm fine," I said. She looked at me and smirked.

"Maia, remember Laura Marano?" I asked. "Yeah. That little poor girl thought that you were gonna pick her over me," she scoffed. "Don't talk about Laura like that," I warned. "Calm down Ross, it's not like she's around," Maia said looking at my eyes. "Actually, she's our neighbor. And you know what Maia, you really need to get some help. I thought I loved you. I really did. But I don't. I only ever kissed you to take away the pain of missing Laura. I've had enough of all your lies," I yell. She looks scared. "Oh, is the little princess scared? Well, good. Cause I'm out of here and I'm out of this relationship!" I yelled. "What, Ross no." Maia whispered.

"Yes. I belong with someone else. Have a nice life," I scoff and run out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk up to Laura's porch, thinking she's home but she wasn't. I run in the direction she ran in when she left the house earlier. I run for about an hour when I see a petite brunette sitting on a park bench, crying. My heart breaks.

I slowly walk over, tears falling from my eyes too. I take off my jacket and put it on her like a blanket. She looks up at me, and then realizes who I am and fear falls over her eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you," I say gently. "That's exactly what you did a year ago," She scoffs, avoiding eye contact. "Laura, you don't understand, I have something to say to you!" I yell. "What? What could you possibly have to say to me?" She yells.

I think and then realize that this is the right time. I gather all my courage and say it. "Laura, I feel the same way," I say. Her expression softens, but then hardens again.

"It's too bad you're a year late," she says. And with that she walks away, leaving me drowning in my own thoughts.