Nerves

I walked into family room. I really wondered what Ross wanted to tell me. I really hope it wasn't that he has 'feelings' for me because I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe in love or trust any more guys. I need to heal.

Ross ran up behind me and pushed me onto the couch. I sit up rubbing my head and look at nine faces staring at me. "Nice one Laura," Ryland laughed. "Hey, in my defence it wasn't just me. I don't fall onto couches by myself," I protested, laughing as well.

Well everyone had some good time to laugh, we started to play truth or dare. Riker went first. "Rocky, truth or dare," Riker said. "Truth," Rocky said smirking, knowing that Riker was mad about his choice. "Fine, tell me the truth then dude. Do you think Savannah is cute?" Riker smirked. Rocky's face went pale. We all knew he had some sort of thing for Savannah when he first saw her.

"Maybe a little," Rocky said shyly, hiding his face. Everyone looked at Savannah and she was smiling at him. "Thanks Rocky," she said sweetly. "Rocky, you're next," Ross expalined. Rocky smirked. "Ellington, truth or dare," Rocky smirked. Ell knows that Rocky is like the biggest Rydellington shipper on this planet, so it wasn't going to end well for him. "How about pass?" Ratliff suggested, smiling. "I don't think so buddy," Rocky said

"Alright, alright. Truth," Ratliff said. Rocky burst out laughing but then quickly stopped. That was weird. "Alright. Have you and Rydel ever kissed?" Rocky said, smirking his face off. Ratliff's eyes widened. He glanced over at Rydel and she was shaking her head, trying to send him a message. Ratliff was trying to figure out what she meant, and eventually I think he did. "What? Rydel and I? No way," he said shaking his head. No one bought it.

"Really Ratliff? You think we believe you," I said, totally un-convinced. "Not anymore," he said slouching in his bean bag chair. "So you and Rydel have kissed!" Rocky yelled! "It's complicated, okay?" Rydel protested. "Doesn't seem complicated," Riker said, smirking. Eventually we had to let this go, but only for the evening of course.

Eventually, the truth or dare game died off and we all started watching a movie together. I sit down next to Kya and started talking with her when Ross walked in. He looked me straight in the eye. I think he can literally see through me. Kya notices and says, "It's okay Laur, I'll text you during the movie. I think someone wants to sit beside you," she says. She gets up and walks towards Rydel and Ryland but on her way there her and Ross do this handshake thing.

That was all planned wasn't it. Ross flops down beside me. "Hi Laura," Ross says. "Hi," I reply. "Guess what movie we're watching," Ross asks. I was about to answer when he answered himself, "Romeo and Juliet!" He cheered. I rolled my eyes. Ross was such a kid at heart. "Cool Ross," I said, monotone. His face washed over with sadness.

"Laura, what's wrong," he asked concerned. I glanced around the room. Nobody was paying attention to us, they were focused on the movie. Riker's arm around Kelcee, Kya sitting beside Ryland. Savannah was in between Rocky and Rydel. Ratliff was laying on the floor. And of course, I was beside Ross.

"Nothing Ross, I'm fine," I replied. "I know that's not true," he shot back, concerned. I looked up at him and made eye contact. His eyes were washed over with sadness, but when I looked into them, I could see the tinest little bit of hope.

"What were you going to say," I whispered. "What?" he asked. "In the kitchen, what were you going to tell me," I asked. He looked around the room also. Kelcee was now asleep on Riker's shoulder, Kya was taking selfies with Ryland and Rocky and Savannah were playing 'guess that song' with headphones in. Rydel had fallen asleep and Ratliff was in the kitchen.

"Can we go to my room," Ross asked. "Sure," I replied. Ross grabbed my hand and ran up the stairs before anyone could notice.

We walked into his room and he shut the door. I had already made myself comfortable by laying on his bed. It smelt like Ross, so that means it felt like home.

Ross scratched the back of his neck. "Okay Laura listen-" "Why are you so nervous. It's just me," I said, innterrupting him. "Right, okay," Ross breathed. I focused my eyes on him, waiting for him to find the courage to talk to me.

He looked up and his eyes locked with mine. "Look Laura. Last year when we were best friends, it was the best time of my life. We would hang out together all the time and just have a blast. I could walk into your house and just take any food I wanted. You could do the same in mine. But I made the mistake of dating Maia which caused our friendship to completely break. When I saw you that one morning and saw how many pancakes you gave me I knew it was you. I knew it all along. I really don't even need to live with you. Sure Maia and I broke up, but I could have just come home. I needed to be with you, and that hasn't changed," Ross started.

I shed a tear. Not a tear of sadness, but joy. Ross looked concerned, but I smiled to let him know it was okay to go on.

"I love you so much Laura. More than my own life. You're my best friend, girlfriend or not, you'll always be my best friend. You're so perfect. I hated being with Maia because she wore these designer clothes and weird shoes that were always imported from Paris but you, look at what you're wearing. Go ahead look," Ross said.

I looked down and saw a pink sweater that said 'Never Give Up', some white and blue denim shorts and black and white converse. My hair was in a high ponytail and I had the smallest bit of mascara on.

"That is the type of clothes that my perfect girl would wear. Your shoes are perfect Laur," Ross confessed. I laughed. Ross has always adored converse. "Look at me Laur," Ross started again.

I looked up at him.

"The sun don't shine, the sky ain't blue," he sang softly. I let some more tears fall. tears of joy of course.

"If I can't be with you," I finished. Ross picked me up and hugged me tight to his chest. He kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and savoured the moment.

He sat down on top of the bed with me in his lap.

"Here comes that movie scene, the one you hate so cliche," he sang.

"That moment when we kissed by the lake in pouring rain," I continued

"I aint no superman, but I can change your world," we joined together

"Here comes forever girl," Ross and I sang.

"Here comes forever Laur."

-------------------------------------------

A/N- Okay so Raura isn't technically together. They just had some conofessions that they made. It'll happen soon though ;) New chapter on Tuesday? Or Wednesday. Sorry, just been really busy lately.

love you all,

-haileexoxo