New Faces

I tried to wiggle my hands. I heard everyone around me. I tried with all my might.

"She moved her hands!" I heard Rydel exclaim. I focused on me. I tried moving another body part and I was surprised when I had success.

"Her foot!" Riker exclaimed. I smiled. I know how badly they want me to be okay, so hopefully me showing them signs will help.

"I wish she would open her eyes," Ross mumbled. I knew he was holding my hand, I could feel it. I squeezed his hand, which was something I became an expert on. I knew somehow Ross was smiling.

"What's with Mr. Smiley Face over there?" Ratliff asked, most likely looking at Ross. "She squeezed my hand," Ross sighed. With all my might, I smiled and I knew they all smiled back, including Ross.

<><><><><><><><>

I wiggle my body around. My eyelids still weighing down on me, I try to open them. After many failed attempts, I stop. I internally sigh and wish I could be awake. Then, my eyes open.

I shoot up. What the heck. I'm awake? Or is this a dream? Then I hear voices. "Yeah, so then Ryland took the pudding and poured it on Ross' head. And then Ross spilled honey all over Ryland," I heard Stormie explain. "Boys," I hear Rydel say back. Then I hear footsteps approaching the room I was in. What do I say? What do I do?

The door creaked open.

"So, Ellington and I were go- OH MY GOSH LAURA. YOU'RE AWAKE," Rydel screamed running and hugging me. I slowly hugged back, even though it was extremely painful. "Hi Dell," I say. "Laura honey, we've been worried sick," Stormie explained, checking my forehead for a fever and making sure I looked alright. "You mean Ross has been worried sick," Rydel mumbled. Stormie punched her in the side and Rydel smirked.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked. "Three and a half months, give or take a few days," Rydel said. My eyes widened. Three and a half months? I really put my life in danger. I was about to say something else when someone interrupted me.

"Rydel, have you seen my new underw- LAURA?!?!" Rocky yelled. I smiled and nodded. He ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug. "Laura Ross has been worried sick," Rocky explained, sitting next to me. I chuckled. "So I've heard," I reply.

After talking to Rocky, Rydel, and Stormie, Riker walks in.

"Mom, can we order pizza? Ross is really crav- LAURA." Riker dropped the pizza menu he was holding, along with his phone.

"Hey Riker, I'd like some pizza," I said smiling. "Who cares about pizza? How are you feeling?" He says, approaching the four of us. "I'm okay I guess. A little hungry though," I say gesturing to the pizza menu on the floor. Riker rolled his eyes and we kept talking.

Everyone had eventually found out about me waking up. They were all talking with me when I heard Ross coming up the stairs. There was nothing I could do about it, so I guess it was time for him to figure out that I was awake.

He just came into the room when he usually does to come and visit me with his phone in his hand and looked up from it briefly. It wasn't brief when he saw what he was least expecting.

His phone dropped, along with his mouth. "Laura? Is that really you," He said, barely whispering. "Yeah Ross, it's me," I said, nodding. Ross ran up to me and grabbed me. He pulled me out of the bed I was laying in and twirled me around. It hurt, but that was okay. I missed him so much.

He put me back down and spoke. "Laura, when did you wake up," He said, overjoyed. "About ten minutes ago," I said, smiling. Ross just smiled back, and for the next bits of conversation, that's what happened.

Three Days Later

Today Rydel and I were going to the mall. It was going to be my first time out of the house in three months.

"Rydel! I'm ready," I called down the hall. "Okay girl! Be right there!" She hollered back. I observed myself in the mirror. I had on pink jeans and a floral tank with a neon yellow undershirt. To top it off I had curled my hair and added light makeup.

I looked at the shoes I had to select from. Heels. flats, converse. I contemplated for awhile and picked up my worn out pink converse.

I smiled at my reflection. It wasn't perfect, but it was me.

I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs.

"Ready to go Laur?" Rydel asked. "Totally!" I replied and we walked out to her car. Mall, here we come.

<><><><><><>

"This store?" Rydel asked. "Sure!" I said. I was having the best time. It didn't even feel like I'd been in a coma for three months. This felt great. We were looking through some leggings when three girls came up behind us. "Hey guys," I said nicely. "Oh, hey! You're Laura Marano right? And you're Rydel Lynch?" The brunette said. "Yep! That's us," I said. These girls were so nice. "Hi! I'm Kelcee. This is Kya and Savannah," The brunette said again. "Hey guys," I said. They both smiled. These girls seemed like they could be some super great friends of ours.

"That one's perfect for Riker," Rydel whispered in my ear, pointing to Kelcee. I laughed. "Want to do some killer shopping with us?" Rydel asked. "Uhm, heck yes!" Kya exclaimed.

We spent the day with them and invited them home to meet the boys. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

<><><><><><><>

A/N- Ahhhh. Laura's awake! And some new characters in the story now. Possibly going to get close to Laura and Rydel? Let's just say that this story has big plans. I don't plan on ending it anytime soon. Love you all!

-haileexoxo