Chapter 1: - The Coffin

So this story is set immediately after the battle Rai has with Muzaka and is injured, and I mean literally at the next instant Rai finishes his battle. In the FT timeline, after the lullaby arc. Enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 1:- The coffin

Extreme fatigue. Darkness clouding his sharp, red eyes. Cadis Etrama di Raizel, the noblesse left a trail of blood as he flew away from the blast that engulfed his best and only friend, Muzaka the werewolf lord. The wound on his left abdomen was bleeding profusely, and he knew he would have to hibernate, and with his condition as bad as it was, he would sleep for eons. Raizel cupped his mouth with his free hand and coughed violently, narrowing his eyes. Jumping from one pillar to another, leaving trails of his already fading blood wings, he landed on a clearing in a huge pillar, and with trembling hands, took out the earring Lord had given him, and clicked it on his left ear. His blood wings completely disappeared and the pain dissipated a little. He was bleeding from his mouth, eyes and ears, apart from the injuries he had sustained from Muzaka's attacks. Looking back one last time, he thought of his friend, with a mixture of sadness and helplessness.

"Muzaka........I'm sorry" were his last thoughts before the darkness covered his eyes completely, the world started spinning as he let his body slide over the edge. A swirling red mist covered is body and transformed into his coffin, that now plummeted into the ocean, becoming smaller and smaller, until it disappeared amongst its raging depths.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

A few days later, Fairy Tail guild

"The air is way better outdoors!!! It's really the best!! Freedom is wonderful!! Freeeeedooooommm!!!!" shouted Natsu, rampaging around the guild, spewing flames from his mouth.

"Shut it, Natsu!!"

"Eat quietly!!"

"He should have stayed in jail a little while longer" said Lucy, sweatdropping. "I can't believe the arrest was just a formality....I wasted my time worrying..." she continued, dropping into the table.

"Say, what happened to the duel of men between Erza and Natsu?" inquired Elfman.

"Men?!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot!!Erzaaaa!!Let's continue!!Here I come!!" declared the pink haired dragon slayer, charging up a Fire Dragon's Fist and rushing towards Erza. The scarlet haired beauty just sighed and swung her sword with so much force that the entire table was destroyed, along with sending Natsu flying some 20 feet away. Gray, Elfman and Lucy's jaws dropped and the trio backed away scared. Natsu continued bouncing away from the momentum of the attack as he toppled over several other tables and guild mates, before finally slumping over a wall out cold.

"If you really want to, then bring it on" challenged Titania.

"Aaand you're ooout!!" declared Happy.

"Gyaaaahaahahah you're so lame natsu!!"

"Erza's strong indeed!!"

"Is the bet from the other day still on?"

"Oh my, you wrecked the store again" said a smiling Mirajane.

On the other end, Makarov, the guild master started drooping. "What's wrong, master?" asked the white haired beauty.