Chapter 4: - Phantom Lord

Thanks a lot for the support and in the future as well, don't hesitate to point out any loopholes. The reason I only update once every alternate week and not weekly is because I need to update my other fic also. Also, I WILL be fast forwarding Galuna Island arc, by which I mean that the noblesse characters won't have anything to do with it and the story will continue from phantom lord arc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

Chapter 4 :- Phantom Lord

As the first rays of the morning light illuminated the city of magnolia, the noble trio set off to demonstrate their prowess to qualify for their positions, whatever they may be, in Fairy Tail. Normally, no one would be around the guild this early, but today no one wanted to miss the chance of observing what their new fellow members would be capable of. As soon as the trio entered the guild, they were surprised by the audience their 'test' had gathered. Nobles tend to be isolated from other nobles, only meeting the other once every few years and this applied more so as the hierarchy went up. Master went up to them and greeted them still in his night gown.

"I see you're the early bird types. You all must have really made an impression on them to have called them all this early. Well, whenever you are ready, you can start" he mentioned. "Oh and Raizel doesn't have to show us anything, since his condition is very bad and besides, we know he has regenerative powers, so I guess that'll suffice. Oh and If you would like to have breakfast first, that is fine as well. But if you would like to show us right away, then that's your call"

"I would definitely like to have some of your food again, if that is ok. I must admit, it was exceptional" said Raskreia, again in a highly formal tone.

"Oh, I'm flattered that you think of it as such, but you really don't have to be so formal Raskreia" said Mira. "After all, we're soon going to be fellow members!! And what about you Rai?" she winked.

"Rai?! His name is Cadis Etrama-" repeated Franky, but was interrupted by Mira.

"Oh I know that, but it's a pain to remember such a long name, you don't mind us calling you 'Rai' do you?" said Mira. Erza, Lucy, Grey and Natsu nodded in agreement.

"You can call me however you please" he mentioned in a monotonous tone.

"Then 'Rai' it is! So, would YOU like to have something first?" she asked, and Rai nodded his head too.

"Alright, just sit tight and I'll be right back!!" she chirped and stormed off to the kitchen. The others gathered around.

"Say, when you first came here Rai, you spoke to us in a foreign language, but then the next instant you were able to speak in our Language, even though you've never been here before. How is that possible?" questioned Natsu.

"That's....." said Franky, but surprisingly, his ever silent master answered for him.

"I can read the minds of people, so I am able to learn languages and also about the place I am in, its culture and so on. It is part of my abilities" he explained. The reaction was instantaneous. The sounds in the guild halls were filled with 'oohs' and 'wows' but Frankenstein looked as if Dark Spear had just proposed to him out of the blue. He couldn't BELIEVE that his master would willingly talk to humans so casually about his powers.

"Master....!!!" He thought.

"Woah, that's awesome man!!" cheered Gray.

"You're more talented than I gave you credit for, young man" remarked Makarov.