Chapter 14: - Dissolution of a nightmare

This chapter will conclude the Tower of Heaven arc

Chapter 15: - Dissolution of a nightmare

"Seems like if I need to do this, I'll have to do it myself" called out the hooded mastermind, almost uncaringly and amused at the same time.

"This ends now, Jellal!!" retorted the red head, pointing her sword.

*fwip* He was now right in front of her. The startled red head took quick steps backwards.

"And what makes you think that?" he sneered, preparing swirling currents of dark magic and sending it flying towards titania. Despite being exhausted, she didn't even exert the slightest effort to avoid them. Moving in calculating and fluid motions, the red haired beauty closed in on her enemy, and aimed a dozen strikes at him. Not expecting her to be as quick as she was, he was close to being cut a few times in that assault.

"Hoh? You've improved Erza....nothing like the person whom I remember leaving us all behind" he said, in a tone that was partially sarcastic and partly appreciative.

" 'Leave us behind' ? Was that supposed to be a joke? Is that what you've been feeding Simon and the others?" she questioned angrily.

"They were nothing more than pawns for me to finish the R-system." He sneered.

"Simon and the others wasted away their lives here for 8 years!! Does that mean nothing to you?!" she screamed. "And besides, you're forgetting something, your whole endeavor by itself seems pointless.....you see, I did my research on the R system"

"Yeah, a sacrifice, which you will soon be Erza!!" he grinned madly.

"No, something even more basic than that. Its magic power. To even activate the R system, you need 2.7 billion ideas of magical energy. There isn't a single mage in this continent or any other with that kind of magical energy. I'm pretty sure you knew that better than anyone else...what in the world are you planning?"

"Three minutes left" he said instead, choosing not to answer. Gritting her teeth, she dashed at him with brake neck speeds in a fit of anger, and pinned him against the wall, locking his neck against the pillar with two swords.

"Wake up Jellal!!! You're plan has failed!!! The council will soon annihilate this place along with your dreams! Do you just plan to die here?! Fine then, let's meet the end together!!" she shouted, continuing to hold him in position.

"Heh, that's not a bad idea" he said, his arms going limp in surrender.

"What?!" asked Erza, confused.

"All of this started when I was possessed by the ghost of zeref back then....I was helpless, and I was set onto a path of the resurrection of Zeref unwillingly. I was just a tool for him. I couldn't even save anyone, not Simon, Shou, Milianna or even you......Paradise, Freedom....they were all just that ,ideals" he said.

"I don't believe you...."

"You're free to believe me or not....it's the end anyways, there's no point for me to lie...."

In the council meeting room

"Final phase of Ehterion firing in sequence....5.....4......3.....2.....1.....And thus we pray" announced one of the councilmen, and the rest followed behind, including Siegrein.

Outside the tower

"Woah, that's not looking good, are they really gonna fire that?! Looks like overkill to me !!" said Lucy, concerned.