Chapter 12: - Ascending the tower

Hey guys, just want to leave a small message! Thanks a lot for your support, I feel a lot better now! Thank you so much! If you like this story, I'm also writing one other, which I felt is something the original FT needed. It's called Wendy of the Apocalyspe, a darker storyline of FT after the Tenrou Island arc where everyone except Wendy are dead. She now struggles to live out life in peace, trying to defend it from the black dragon. 7 years past, she gains allies, becomes much stronger and together they need to work together to beat the dragon. This is not very descriptive of the story, if you feel like it, feel free to check it out!

Chapter 12: - Ascending the tower

"Wow there are a lot of guards" noticed the pink haired dragon slayer.

"No kidding.....but I suppose that's to be expected" added the ice mage. From the nearby shore, the head of the rain woman emerged with a splash sound.

"I discovered another entrance to the tower, it's just a 10 minute dive underwater" she said, getting out of the water.

"Awesome work!" complimented Gray, to which the blue haired woman started teasing Lucy about it. "It's just a 10 minute route underwater, no problem right?" she asked in an obvious tone, to which, Gray, Natsu, Frankenstein, Rai and Raskreia nodded in a similar fashion.

"And why do I happen to be the only one to think that'd be obviously impossible!!" remarked Lucy eyes popping.

"Worry not, by wearing this oxygen enforced water sphere, you can breathe even under water" assured Juvia, holding the said sphere in her hand.

"That won't be necessary" said Raskreia, and procured a transparent blood red barrier around them. "That should keep us dry AND safe from any attacks underwater. I'm disappointed that you haven't considered that" she said sternly.

"It's almost like Erza's right here" thought Gray sweatdropping.

Surfacing on the other side, they observed looked around for some sort of entrance.

"Looks like this is the basement of the tower" said Frankenstein.

"Erza's energy seems to be coming from there, it's on the move" said Frankenstein, pointing in a direction.

"Happy's scent is coming from there" said Natsu, pointing elsewhere.

"Hm....that means they're being held separately" said Lucy.

"HEY! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS?!" shouted someone from atop, alerting everyone the presence of the multitude of guards.

"Aww shit, we've been discovered!!" cursed Lucy.

"No choice but to plough through then!!" said Gray, readying himself.

"Right!!" agreed Juvia.

"Step aside" came a commanding and chilling voice.....no, if anything it felt more like a decree from the gods above. Mere silence filled the area, and the guards felt themselves unable to disobey their body, the noblesse's eyes glowing red; they formed a path, as if paving the way for a king to enter.

"I...incredible..." gasped Juvia.

"He didn't even do anything!!" thought Gray wide eyed.

"Let's go" said Rai, and with silent nods, they followed. Suddenly, a trapdoor opened, followed by a ladder being dropped down; revealing the entrance to the room above. Passing by them, the Fairy group noticed that although they followed Rai's commands, their bodies were shaking, frowns on their faces, indicating that they were trying their best to resist.