Chapter 9: - The Ball

This is a new original arc which I thought of, and I'll be making some changes in the original timeline of the other arcs as well, but the changes will only be the order and time at which they take place, not many changes to the actual stuff that happens in the arc. I guess you can call this the White Mist town arc. Anyways, since this is my first attempt at trying something completely new, I hope it comes out well.

NOTICE:- There is another artwork for a character of this fic, Elowyn who is Raskreia's mother made by my friend Ashton Nyugen. His deviantart id is azazel0000. His works are amazing, so do check it out when you get the time.

Chapter 9 : - The ball

"Reward : - 10 billion jewels" read out the old master of Fairy Tail to his guild. Their hearts skipped several beats.

"Holy shit....10 billion jewels?! For a S – Class quest?!" exclaimed Gray.

"Wait, there's more" interrupted the master. "Caution. Warning. Beware. All S-class mages who have previously tried to investigate the mystery of the village's condition have all either died or are missing. The wounds are unlike anything ever seen. No magical herbs or spell works on them. Accept at your own risk"

There was an ominous silence. Never had they seen such wording in a request form before. These words sounded too desperate, and yet, helplessness. The helplessness of about being unable to do anything against whatever they were facing, and sympathy for those who decided to help them and later feeling the guilt for letting them die.

"Master...." Began Lucy.

"..........Currently, we have only 2 S class mages here currently, Mira and Erza" said Cana. " Mystogun is missing, Gildarts is away on that quest, and Laxus is out of the question" ticked off the brunette. "Elfman would be okay, but I feel reluctant since he still hasn't taken the qualification exam, even if he has unlocked his powers"

"Raizel, Raskreia and Frankenstein are away as well" said Makarov.

"But still, they haven't taken the exam as well" said Max.

"Oh that reminds me! It completely slipped my mind in all this guild work. I'm promoting those 3 to S class under special circumstances" announced the master. There was a moment of silence, before the jaws of everyone practically dropped to the floor.

"EEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"But master, the exam.!!!!" Mentioned Macao.

"Yeah, no matter who, they need to take the exam to qualify for S class don't they!!!" reminded Natsu, eyes popping "This isn't fair, gramps, I wanna get S class too!!"

"Haha zip it, flame brain!!! You would be the last person here to get S class!!!" chided the ice mage.

"What was that, ice berg?!" retorted Natsu, shaking his fists.

"Wanna check it out right now?!" challenged Gray.

"Would you two shut it??!!" thundered Erza, hammering their heads with her fists. The two instantly hugged each other, sweating billets.

"Dang, totally forgot Erza was here!!" thought Gray inwardly.

"After seeing Frankenstein, we completely forgot how terrifying she can be" thought Lucy, deadpanned.

"On a serious note, those guys are more than qualified to be S class. Frankenstein himself is stronger than Mira at her strongest, from what I can tell. Raskreia too is quite gifted with her talent for swordsmanship, one that even surpasses Erza's. As for Raizel, from what Frankenstein said, we can assume he's the strongest of the bunch. This is more than enough reason for me to promote them to S class. They can probably be a good match for Gildarts as well. As for this quest, I am withholding it for now. No one here is quite yet ready to embark on this one. We should probably wait for Gildarts, Laxus or Mistogun to come back before we can tackle this one. Don't worry about the time limit, this quest doesn't have any deadline so we can accept their request anytime." Ordered Makarov seriously. "Meanwhile, you both should take this time to improve your abilities" he said, turning towards Mira and Erza.