Chapter 17: - The battle of Fairy Tail

Sorry for the long wait, I was really busy after new year with my classes starting in full swing. Sorry to keep you guys waiting! Anyways, here's another chapter, and once again, thanks a lot for reading!

Chapter 17: - Battle of Fairy Tail

After the festivities, Frankenstein and Raskreia left in the dead of the night, as agreed upon their plan. Not sure where to start looking for clues, Frankenstein decided it would be best to look around the tower of heaven, where he encountered Tesamu in this world. The perpetrators would surely come snooping around, looking for clues as to what transpired there. Raskreia on the other hand proceeded straight to Lukedonia, like the shadows moving swiftly and silently through the calm night. Although it was uncommon for the two to leave unannounced, especially after the last day's festivities, the seriousness of things that had happened at the tower and the things that Tesamu told them about swept away those thoughts.

The festival continued as the morning rays of the sun were drowning out the shadows of the night. Tesamu was quick to explain the departure of his master and the noble heiress. Makarov didn't seem to mind, seeing as how Frankenstein had previously mentioned it so. The contest stage was lined with the participants of previous night's contest, awaiting the distribution of prizes. The audience was in high spirits, mainly in expectations of having another sneak peek at the nobles in their glam, but those dreams came crumbling down when the announcement of their absence was made. First the prizes to the male contestants was to be handed out, with the female beauties waiting in the backstage.

"Geez, this is embarrassing" commented Gray, not used to being in front of so many people, and especially not with so many in the audience eying him so.

"Still, it could be worse....atleast it's not as bad as that" said Elfman, obviously talking about the magazine of Fairy Tail that came out recently. This had done more harm than good to their reputation, something that Makarov was not pleased about. It was partly their fault after all, for the ruckus they caused when the journalist had come over. Natsu and Gray shivered at the thought of what would've happened if Frankenstein happened to see a certain page detailing the mini figurines of him, Rai and Raskreia that was being sold at their stalls. Needless to say, that article was not the most elegant one.

"Sure glad Frankenstein isn't here for once, otherwise he'd..."

"Stop...don't say anything further" pressed Gray, deadpanned.

"Where's that blond guy? Tesamu?" asked Elfman, looking around and changing the subject.

"From what I heard, he's off to find a place for Rai to recover in peace. 'Pparently he's still recovering from the events at the tower of heaven" explained the ice mage.

".....Since the winner of the male pageant is unable to attend today's event, the prize shall be handed over to the guild master. We shall now proceed to the ladies..!!" boomed the magnified voice of Max who was acting out the role of an anchor.

"And that's our cue" mentioned Gray, and the males made their way to the back stage. But what they saw there stopped all their movements.

"..As embarrassing as it is to say, because of the inability of Ms Raskreia to join us today as well, we ask the runner up, Ms Mira to pick up the award for her.."

"I'll gladly take that, thank you very much" came the silky voice of Evergreen, someone that they were not expecting to hear in this place and this time. The curtains to the backstage unfurled themselves, revealing the shocked expressions of Gray, Natsu and Elfman, together with life like stone statues of all the female contestants, expressions of shock etched on their onyx faces.