Chapter 21: - Riding the Magnolia Express

Thank you for waiting, so finally the new arc starts off! Before I start though, I just want to clarify something about the power scaling. So in the previous arc, Tesamu destroyed 3 times as many lacrima as Erza or Mira. But this didn't mean that Erza/Mira are 3 times weaker than Tesamu. Erza and Mira were both exhausted after their battles, hence the drop in their abilities. Do have a look at the end of the chapter, I'll be including the current power levels of some of the characters. References from VS Battle, which I find to be a reliable source.

Response to reviews: -

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I'm really glad for all the reviews and the views my story got, it's really unbelievable!! Thank you so much! I  may not have replied, but I am definitely going through each and every opinion/praise/review from everyone. Thank you so much for reading, and from next chapter onward, I shall try answer some of the questions I'm asked in this section. 

Chapter 21: - Riding the Magnolia Express

Guild halls of FT

The two beauties of FT were having a discussion with their master regarding the S class quest.

"What do you mean by 'Tesamu isn't here' master?!" asked Mira, trying to sound casual and hide her disappointment. Erza was the same, but it was her facial expressions that she was trying to hide.

"Like I said, he's off on some work. It was quite sudden too. All of a sudden, he sprang up like he remembered something important and dashed away. Didn't even leave a hint" explained Makarov.

"I see....." said Erza, her voice slightly down.

"Hrmm...I suppose I can understand your disappointment. Having him as a member of your team would've been much more assuring, but I believe in the two of you. Both of you are much more powerful than before, thanks to Frankenstein and all of your battle experiences till now" he assured. Mira and Erza looked at each other. Clearly Makarov missed the point about why they felt disappointed with Tesamu's absence, but they planned to keep it that way.

"Still, I do feel a certain unease with the whole situation. Perhaps since Tesamu is missing, we can have Raizel or Raskreia-"

"NO!!" came the unified objection from the two beauties, which surprised the old master.

"Master, this is something we want to do ourselves....."

"I agree" added Mira. "Those two have helped us plenty, and it's not fair to rely on them again and again. Especially considering that Raizel uses his lifeforce everytime he uses his powers.....no. I don't want to ask his or Raskreia's help. They deserve some peaceful time. And besides, I...want to become stronger and be able to completely control my powers, and there's no better chance than this. Please, allow us to go alone" she asked.

"The two of us are one of the strongest mages in our guild, and together, we're even more so. I believe we can help the people of White Mist Town . Our guild has never turned away from someone who requests our help, and we shan't do so now" declared the red haired beauty.

"That's true. Clearly the message alone tells us one thing, that they don't expect any help from outside, almost like they've given up. Like you said, Fairy Tail has never turned the blind eye to ones that ask our help, and we won't do so now! Erza! Mira! A parent's job is to believe in his children, and that's what I'll do now. Go and show them the generosity of Fairy Tail and make me and the entire guild proud!" he declared, his voice full of hope and pride for his brats.

"Yes master!!!" came the unified voices.

Sometime later, Mirajane's house

The usually quite home of the Strauss siblings was now bustling with activity. Mira was practically sprinting from one end of her house to the other since the meeting with Makarov, taking out stuff for the trip and re-organizing her other things. Her meticulous nature helped to speed things up. Elfman was concerned, for he had never seen his sister pace around with so much energy before. She was way too excited for this mission, he thought. The contents of the mission request sent a shiver down his spine, and he knew that it had only been a few days since she had regained powers somewhat close to her original self. The other pressing issue was that the old Mira was confident and dominating, but the Mira in front of him now was meek and submissive.