Chapter Nine

Dan woke suddenly, shooting straight up into a sitting position. He knew he didn't have much time, and it was all going to be out of his control in 3... he shot across the bed to his side, left unoccupied during this past night as he had wrapped himself around his friend. 2... He swung his legs underneath him, so he was folded over himself, leaning over the edge o the bed. 1... his arms swooped down, snatching the trash can and bringing it to his face, as the contents of his stomach poured into the bin. 

Dan was faintly aware of Phil moving next to him, rubbing his back, and pushing his hair back off of where it had matted with sweat to his sticky forehead. He was aware of eventually laying back on the bed, after there was nothing left for his body to expel, and Phil coaxing some water into him. Of Phil holding him as he shook, feeling weak. As Phil continued to hold him, rocking back and forth gently, and whispering all kinds of nice things in Dan's ear about how everything was going to be okay, and that Phil was right there. Dan was still fairly intoxicated, but all of a sudden, his senses started screaming, and no longer were things blurring past him in a rush, but instead it felt as if time slowed, and he was aware of everything.

He felt Phil's right arm snake around his back, finding a grip on his waist. He felt Phil's other hand pushing his hair back, and then just running his hand through the younger boy's hair. He felt a surge of electricity flow through his body as he felt Phil's lips brush against his hair, whispering comfort to Dan in the dark of night, the small puffs of air traveling into Dan's ear, and he felt shivers flow down his spine. 

He felt tears on his face, and realized he had begun crying. He didn't know when this had started or why he was crying, but Phil had moved the hand from his hair and was now wiping away Dan's tears, looking into his face with his wide, striking blue eyes. He felt the boy's other hand on his waist travel up to the center of his back, making small circles. 

He felt Phil slowly pull him backwards so they were leaned against the pillows and the headboard, half sitting, half laying down, and he felt Phil guide him back to the position he had fallen asleep in, curled into Phil with one hand on the older boy's heart, Phil's hand leaving his face once he was satisfied that the tears were gone and not returning, coming to rest atop Dan's hand. This time, Phil interlaced his fingers with Dan's, halfway holding his hand from behind.

He felt all of this, and allowed himself to be comforted. He had never had someone take care of him this way, and part of him felt guilty, but he was far too drunk to entertain that part of his mind, allowing Phil to take care of him, appreciating how sweet and attentive the boy was to everything that Dan needed. He felt that Phil's gaze hadn't left his eyes, and looked up to meet those beautiful blue eyes with his own. Phil smiled slightly at Dan, and was that a bit of sadness Dan saw on Phil's face? Dan realized that of course, his friend was probably sad that his friend, Dan, was feeling so awful. Phil was so incredible.

"Thank you" Dan mumbled into Phil's neck, nuzzling himself deeper into the soft, comforting skin of Phil's inner shoulder, neck, and jawline, nodding into sleep, as he felt Phil's arm around his shoulder, still tracing small circles on his upper arm. 

***Author's Note: Sorry, I know this is a super short chapter, but it felt like it needed to stand on it's own.***