Chapter 21

Seven Months Later

"It's so weird being back here... I wonder who lives there now..." Phil mused, staring at the old duplex.

"Yeah. Whoever they are, I'm sure they're not nearly as interesting as you." Dan poked Phil's side, then looked around quickly to make sure no one was watching and leaned in to press a quick kiss to Phil's cheek.

"Hey!" Phil scolded, but he was laughing. "Calm down Mr. Daredevil, we're still keeping this whole thing quiet, right?"

"Yeahhhh I knowwww..." Dan whined. "But I mean... we could just tell them." He said, tugging on Phil's arm, and Phil pulled back, swatting Dan's hand away.

"I already told you, I'll think about it." Dan sighed dramatically, but they both knew he wasn't really mad. Dan could never be mad at Phil. He just wanted to be able to show his incredible boyfriend off to the world, and he didn't care who knew.

They began walking, and then Phil reached into his pocket and stopped.

"You okay?" Dan asked, turning to look at Phil and raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah um... I think I left my phone at the hotel. I'll meet you back at campus?" He asked, and Dan shrugged.

"Okay, you sure you don't want me to come with?"

"No, I'll be fine, see you soon!" Phil said, and he turned, walking quickly down the street. Dan didn't mind that much, he'd been meaning to stop by and say a quick hello to Mrs. Heartwood when they went back to look at the campus, and say a quick thank you in person. Now he could do that while he waited for Phil.

Dan wandered to campus, and when he entered the hall, he shuddered, thanking past-him for wising up and deciding to drop out. University was not the place for him.

He entered the classroom, and smiled when he saw Mrs. Heartwood.

"Dan?" She asked, a huge smile coming over her face.

"Hi." He said, and she stood up, crossing the room to hug him.

"I am so proud of you, Daniel. You've come so far, I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks... thank you." He said, and she pulled away, keeping her hands on his upper arms, looking at him.

"You know I've kept up with your YouTube channel. I've watched you and Phil since you left, and you've grown so much." Dan blushed, nodding and smiling.

"Yeah... yeah I guess I have. Thank you. I suppose... I just wanted to come and say thank you in person. You changed my entire life just by giving me that silly project that I never even ended up doing since I dropped out. But if it weren't for you I wouldn't be where I am now, so... thank you."

"You're welcome." she said warmly. They sat down and talked for a while, and about twenty minutes later Dan saw someone at the doorway out of the corner of his eye.

He turned to look, seeing Phil standing there. His mouth opened in slight confusion and surprise as he saw that Phil was dressed in slacks, dress shoes, and a nice blazer. He was holding a rose in one hand, and some clothing in the other which he threw at Dan.

*Click*

"Put these on. Bathroom across the hall."

*Click*

"What?" Dan stammered, confused.

*Click*

"Put these on. Just trust me."

*Click*

"Dan?" Phil asked, and Dan shook his small daze off, shuffling to the bathroom and putting on the slacks, blazer, and button down Phil had brought him.