Chapter Ten

Dan's eyes fluttered open, and he felt his eyelashes brush against something. He shut his eyes almost immediately, having been so comfortable, and just wanting to go back to that happy place of sleep he had been in just moments before. However, he increasingly was becoming aware of something unusual. His face, usually pressed into a pillow in this type of situation, was now pressed into something soft, warm, and slightly sticky. He pulled his head back just slightly, and took in the boy laying partially next to, and partially under him, as bits of the night before came rushing back to him. 

Dan sighed, preparing to get up, but he couldn't ignore that a large part of him wanted to simply act as if he had never awoken, and fall back asleep, comfortably nestled into his still sleeping friend. However, he knew this was something he wasn't supposed to do, especially sober, and slowly he untangled himself from Phil, unlacing their fingers, moving very slowly so as not to wake Phil, and then quietly slipped into the bathroom. He showered, washing the scent of last night off of him, and ran some toothpaste over his teeth to help deal with the lingering taste of alcohol and vomit.

Now to the issue of clothing. His clothes from the night before reeked, but Phil was asleep, and Dan felt strange thinking about rifling through Phil's drawers to take his clothing without the boy's permission. Though he was sure Phil probably wouldn't mind, it still felt invasive. After a moment's thought, he settled on re-adorning yesterday's boxers, and wrapping the towel around his waist, returning to Phil's room, and sitting atop the duvet, scrolling through tumblr and waiting for his friend to wake up. 

Part of Dan wanted to think about last night. It had felt so good to be curled up next to Phil, to be comforted by him. It had perhaps even felt slightly better than it perhaps should have, and Dan felt as if maybe he should be trying to understand why that was. However, the stronger side won out, deciding last night would be best dismissed and forgotten. He had drank too much and Phil had taken care of him, like a good friend, and Dan was grateful, and that was all there was to it. 

Landing on this decision, Dan began flicking through tumblr, before he remembered. The video! He hadn't gotten around to choosing his set of questions for Phil from the viewers, because he had gotten too drunk. Reaching over Phil gingerly, doing his best not to disturb the sleeping boy, he grabbed Phil's laptop and notepad off of his end table, being sure as not to read what Phil had written down, and flicking to an empty page. 

Dan opened up the computer, typing amazinglion into the password bar to unlock the computer, and scrolled down a bit from where Phil was at in the comments, so he knew he wouldn't be taking down any doubles. Dan spent about forty minutes sifting through comments, trying to pick out good ones for a video, and trying to focus on the task at hand instead of giving in to the stress and nerves that were hidden just underneath the surface at the thought of actually being in a video himself.  

Eventually he deemed his selection complete, and glanced over at Phil, still passed out on the bed, mouth hanging slightly open. He looked so innocent and young, and Dan felt himself yet again slightly in awe of how lucky he had been to have found a friend like Phil. He couldn't believe it had only been three days. Thinking back over the past days, Dan remembered Phil waking him up with waffles the day before, and decided he wanted to do something nice for his friend.

He stood up, about to leave the room, when he remembered all he was wearing were boxers and a loosely wrapped towel. He sighed, and made his way to Phil's dresser, hoping he wouldn't mind. Pulling on a pair of Phil's jeans and a blue graphic tee with an image of Mario running across the chest, Dan made his way out into the kitchen, where he was met with Louise. She was brewing coffee and scrolling through her phone with a towel on her head and a green mask covering her face, when she looked up to see Dan.