❥┆FOUR

resume

click to resume

TOGETHER
10:30 pm

when haeyeon and taeyong arrived at the lodges door they didn't expect almost everyone to still be waiting outside with annoyed looks plastered on their face. "where's johnny and taeil?"

"the door's frozen shut so they broke into the house to find some deodorant and a lighter. those fuckers have been in there for over 10 minutes." minjin grumbled.

"it's been like 5 minutes, chill." lexee rolled her eyes.

"i am chilling, well more like freezing." haeyeon mouthed 'oh' then joined haru on the stairs, sweeping away the fallen snow before sitting down and resting her head lazily on haru's shoulder.

snow crunching in the distance alerted them that someone was approaching. when the dim lighting from the porch illuminated taeil's figure multiple groans and mumbles of relief filled the atmosphere.

"aw, you guys missed me that much?"

"no, where's the makeshift flamethrower?" he pointed towards the door. everyone averted their attention to watch johnny from the inside defrost the door. he waited a few seconds once the flame stopped to open the door.

"shit, it's still hot." he fanned his hand. "but guys this place is amazing! and huge, i kinda got lost."

grabbing their respective luggage they brought it inside the not much warmer lodge. amazed awe's left their lips as they glanced around the main entrance. it was spacious even with the countless amounts of furniture.

it seemed endless, multiple doors were on either sides of the walls containing who knows what and this was only on the second floor. the bottom and third were left to discover later on.

"what the hell?" haeyeon heard johnny mumble to himself from just beyond the foyer of another room. she decided to investigate whatever caused him the seemingly distress.

in this room there wasn't much, other than a dining table and counters that displayed lamps and picture frames. "haeyeon, come listen to this." she stepped closer, watching johnny click the voice memo button on the old looking home phone.

"hello mrs. leechaiypornkul, this is seargent ji again. i'm here to inform bad news, again. we looked through his case file and there's nothing we could do. he's a free man. we don't have the legal power to stop him. please call back if you want to hear more."

haeyeon furrowed her brows in confusion at the voice mail. "what is this for?"

"down the mountain there was a warrant paper for this criminal. i think that's who they're calling about. but it doesn't make sense as to why it involves ten's family." haeyeon shrugged, not really caring to figure this out more in depth. if anything calling ten and asking him about it personally would save them the headache and extra work.

"i dunno johnny boy." she patted his shoulder and left out the room to join the others who were surrounding a newly lit fire, assumingly made by jaehyun who was currently getting praised by lexee. "so what now?"

"we need to decide who's sleeping where." taeil pulled out a crumbled piece of paper from his backpack. with everyone giving him weird looks he froze, suddenly feeling attacked. "why are you all staring at me?"

"we are all just wondering why you're pulling out that wrinkled ass paper. it reminds me of miss jang's skin." taeyong grunted as a hand whacked him on the chest. "babe, why?" he rubbed circles on the stinging area.