❥┆THIRTEEN

resume

click to resume

PSYCHOSIS
11:16 pm

although the situation at hand seemed dire, lexee couldn't stop herself from thinking this could have easily all been a prank. she and jae never checked the shed to see if it was legit or not.

but she knew taeyong, and she knew his real tears. no acting could bring upon such distress. he looked shattered, broken beyond repair. it could be true, their friend had truly died all while they were out looking for a pointless bag filled with jaehyun's favorite sets of underwear.

"this is all so bizarre. how the hell could a murderer get up here without us knowing anyways?"

"the mountain is huge jae. there's tons of ways." when they reached the only means of transportation for escaping they were surprised to see an axe lodged into the door.

"what the f—?"

"just grab it. if the murderer is following us we can defend ourselves with it." and so jaehyun secured the weapon in his hand. without wanting to give off their location they opted for having lexee squeeze herself through the small opened window instead of busting down the locked door only johnny had the keys to.

the inside was dark and cold. lexee stumbled and tripped over objects on the floor she couldn't make out. with the guidance of jaehyun's voice she managed to open the door and click on the light switch.

"whoa, this looks like my room after a rough night of homework." the whole place was ransacked, everything messily thrown all across the ground.

"oh my god. did the murderer do all this?" jae bit back the urging feeling to reply sarcastically. lexee covered her mouth in disbelief, after stepping in farther, reading the words 'die' written everywhere on the walls in what seemed like red paint but could have easily been blood.

"even worse, the cable car is all the way out there. without the key we're sitting ducks." lexee racked her brain for an alterier solution. there had to be one. a map caught her eye. she rushed to it and scanned it, her eyes lighting up with hope.

"jae, there's a radio tower nearby! if we make it there we can get help and contact the police!"

"lexee you're brilliant." he set both hands on either side of her face. "we have to be quick okay? stay behind me. and keep alert."

"lead the way muscle man. i hope you know how to swing an axe just as well as you know how to bust a nut."

"ha—wait what was that supposed to mean? are you implying i finish fast? i thought we moved passed this. this is exactly what brought on our fight the night before—"

"jae shut up! oh my god why are you always like this? we could be fighting for our lives and you still would get all butt hurt over a comment! you know how i am! it was a joke!"

she stormed forward, reaching out for a ladder that was just out of her reach. the ladder would be the safest way down since they had to shimmy around the cable car station to reach the fire tower quicker.