❥┆TWENTY

special bonus chapter

click to begin

REMINISCENCE
junior year

you would have thought the first time they met it would be sweet, love at first sight but that wasn't the case for these two...

it had been a month since taeyong heard the news of lexee and jaehyun getting together. he felt betrayed by the two. the same girl who entrusted herself with taeyong when she first moved to korea was the same girl to break his heart after a year of dating. she was his first everything and apparently that meant nothing to her.

the same for jaehyun. they were bro's but taeyong should have known the flirtatious valentine's boy wouldn't keep his hands to himself, especially not when he made it clear he wanted lexee from the moment he brought her around him.

because of this he slowly distanced himself from the group of friends since seeing lexee and jae feed each and share loving looks still made his heart hurt. one day during free period he found himself roaming the library, carelessly strolling down the isles.

without seeing her on the floor, face blocked by a literature book and legs stuck out taeyong made the mistake of stepping on her ankle. she pulled her foot back with a yelp as taeyong tried grabbing onto the bookshelf to balance him. the shelf fell under his touch, the hard cover books falling onto haeyeon as taeyong crash landed on the floor, knees and elbows getting rug burn.

both groaned at the pain before narrowing their eyes at each other. haeyeon rubbed the top of her head while taeyong did the same to his knee. "watch where you're going next time!"

"there's tables in the library for a reason! why don't you use them instead of sitting on the floor?" taeyong looked at the broken shelf and the mess of books sprawled all over the floor. "now i'm going to have to pay to fix the shelf."

"you also have to pay for my hospital visit since you so kindly had hard cover books fall on top of my head!"

"i'll save you a hospital visit. let me see your head." he scooted closer, taking her head into his hands. she slapped his hands away angrily.

"i don't even know you! don't touch my precious hair." she caressed the ends of her waist long hair.

"i'm lee taeyong and honey trust me those split ends aren't precious." haeyeon tossed a random book, hitting him square off in his shoulder. he winced and watched her stand up. "what was that for?"

"for saying i have split ends and stepping on me."

REMINISCENCE
junior year

after that encounter they found it impossible to not run into each other, seeing as they shared a group of mutual friends. how they hadn't seen / payed attention to each other earlier was an unsolved mystery.

"johnny i swear if haru brings haeyeon with her—" johnny spritzed himself with haru's favorite cologne while rolling his eyes.

"you aren't gonna do shit. it's been five months and you still act like you hate her. dude," johnny set his hand on taeyong's shoulder. "i see the way you two bicker and look at each other. you're falling for her, hard. and she is too."

taeyong shrugged his hand off. "i am not and neither is she. my eyes show the opposite of interest. me, liking kwon haeyeon? top ranked nerd of our class?" taeyong scoffed. "yeah right." denial.