❥┆TWENTY THREE

resume

click to resume

HOPE
4:12 am

trying to rush after taeyong with two injured boys was a bit of a hard task for haru. while she wanted to run forward she couldn't. taeil's injured ankle kept him at the bare minimum of walking speed. johnny was doing fine other than small whines here and there.

"taeil i know this is hard for you but please." taeil sighed and stopped in his tracks. johnny and haru walked over to him.

"i'm sorry... i'm slowing you two down. just go on ahead without me. i can catch up after i take a break." haru and johnny shared a look.

have them continue on without him?

have them reassure him to continue on?

HOPE
5:24 am 

minjin's whole body felt numb to her as she came too. her head was pounding, her sight was still blurry, everything about her was off. she recalled the last moments she was conscious.

she remembered taeil's worried expression and voice. she missed him. she felt like she was going to die, in this exact spot on the lift, alone. "taeil..." she weakly cried out. her throat was dry, she needed water.

she needed a hospital even more but from her perspective she would never reach one. she grimaced as she attempted to sit up. the wounds all across her body stung, majority of them probably already infected.

it was her end. there was no chance anyone would find her. she would never experience life with taeil by her side again. to feel his warmth, to hear his angelic voice, to see him acting goofy in an attempt to make her laugh.

she felt horrible. she had already lost her parents to a car crash. now she would be next. her grandmother would be left alone, wondering why she never returned home only to find her face plastered on the news as a missing teen a few days later.

it was all so sad. as she remained laid out, staring blankly at the roof she fell from she thought about who she really was. this wasn't like her to accept defeat so easily. she was one to always try and cheer herself up when everything seemed hopeless.

so why now was she not trying to be optimistic and find the will to survive through this? she didn't want her grandmother to fall into depression over her death. she didn't want taeil to be left alone with the sorrows eating away at him. she wanted to live. her life was too precious to just throw away all because she gave up and never tried.

the fighting spirit in her awoke. although it hurt and was hard she willed her body to move. slowly but surely she inched herself forward, biting back the tears of pain. at least this way if she did die she would die knowing she tried.

HOPE
5:00 am

jaehyun didn't know how long he cried or how long he stared into space after witnessing lexee plummet to her death. he beat himself up over it. he was the cause of her death. all because he saved himself. he felt selfish, angry, hurt, lost... every negative emotion consumed him.

a few times he thought of walking back over to the ledge and free falling to join her but he decided he didn't deserve the easy way out. he felt like he should suffer. live the rest of his life with regret. to sleep only to awake from the traumatizing nightmares.

without paying attention to where he was going or what he was doing he walked around the mines, only to lose himself even more. he ignored the random sounds while he traveled, the only noise he could focus on was the echoing of lexee's scream.

this must be what taeyong feels like... he thought to himself. he found it crazily amazing how both of them witnessed the death of their girlfriends. like, what were the odds?

overtime jaehyun started to realize that he needed to find a way out only because someone had to inform lexee's parents of her untimely death. he wanted to confess that it was him who killed her.

jaehyun wasn't prepared to go to jail for the crime but once again he believed he deserved it. the second he confessed there would be no doubt lexee's father would put him behind cuffs seeing as he was a policeman. with a motive to escape he followed his gut to lead him out.

he ended up jumping over a metal fence and finding a match and lantern. he lit the lantern and got ready to walk off when something in the corner of his eye caught his attention.

"minjin!?" he rushed to her side, stopping himself from touching her once he saw all the nasty looking wounds on her. "what the hell happened to you?"

utterfly effect updated
status update

"something attacked me... it was fast and had long nails... it snatched me out of the cabin taeil and i were in..."

"god... how are you still alive?"

she weakly shrugged, just barely managing to lift her shoulders. "perseverance?"

"minnie, don't freak out but there's been something going on tonight. there's a murder up on the mountain. he killed haeyeon. i don't know who else he's killed."

"what?" she breathed. so many questions but not enough strength to ask them. jaehyun looked over his shoulder before holding his hand out for her.

"we have to get you to safety. can you walk? i'll help as much as i can without hurting you." minjin took his hand.

she let out soft cries as he slung her arm over his shoulder and took hold of her waist to help keep her balanced and on her feet. he mumbled numerous apologies as they walked down a trail that was seemingly colder than the rest of the mines which meant they had to be close to an exit.

"i should uh tell you something... if we make it out of here i—" the cry of a wendigo sounded from behind them. jaehyun panicked whereas minjin flinched at the noise.

"jae... we have to hurry." he looked to his left, right and then straight forward. nothing was to his right but to his left was a wooden wall with an entrance to it.

he thought about pulling minjin inside it but hiding there could be risky. if he ran forward he might be able to escape whatever was behind them.

have jaehyun and minjin hide behind the wall?

have jaehyun and minjin run ahead?

S O
many deaths could happen if the popular vote is the wrong choice. yikes. 😂

T A G S
kimnamsoon breadotaku
iitrashytrashii chrrbmb