❥┆EIGHT

resume

click to resume

VIOLENCE
7:00 pm

utterfly effect updated
status change

"yes please...." taeil nodded and then motioned for her to stay put as he went closer to where the source of the shadow was seen. minjin held her breath as taeil disappeared into the thick darkness behind the trees and bushes. all was quiet until she heard him cry out in pain. "taeil!" she called out.

she went to run in after him when he came stumbling out, holding a hand up to his forehead. he scrambled towards her, grabbing her hand in a hurry and taking off down the path. "keep running!" he shouted.

minjin felt the adrenaline pump in her veins as she willed her legs to run faster, too afraid to look back. "taeil what the hell is going on!?" she managed to shout, her lungs burning for a break.

when they came in the perimeter of the lodge taeil stopped running. he grunted in pain as he lowered his hand. the sight caused minjin to shriek. "you're bleeding!"

"i–i know..." he swayed a bit, as if dizzy. minjin took hold of his arm to stable him. "there was a guy, he attacked me."

"what? taeil we need to get you inside and call the others back over here!" taeil blinked, his eyes narrowed then grew larger as he pointed behind minjin, a look of true terror on his face.

"boo!" a voice shouted, gripping minjin's shoulders tightly. she thrashed against the hold, desperately trying to escape. "ow damnit!"

"taeyong what the flying fuck!?" she managed to land a hit on his cheek which released his grip on her. she turned to see haeyeon come out from hiding, her phone placed directly in front of her face as she hid her giggles behind her gloved hands.

taeil had wiped the fake blood off his forehead by the time minjin whipped around to look at him. "surprise. we pranked you."

"what? did you two plan this? taeil i was genuinely scared you asshole!" he dodged her attack with a grin on his face.

"it's always good to get the adrenaline pumping once in awhile, am i right?" taeyong agreed, taking haeyeon's phone into his hands to watch the video. all minjin could hear was her terrified screams and haeyeon's hushed laughter from the speaker.

she groaned, mentally noting to get them back. revenge and pettiness were the top selected words in her vocabulary. it's what she lived by. "you're all dead to me."

"be careful what you wish for." due to all the screaming it attracted the others to come flocking back to the lodge, all who looked concerned.

after getting an angry explanation from minjin the teens swarmed around haeyeon's phone to join in on the enjoyment of seeing minjin scared out her cashmere boots. the laughter soon died down and they left the frosty night air in hopes of getting warmed up inside but to their surprise it was just as cold in the lodge.

"that's bizarre. the heater was working earlier." johnny mumbled to himself.

"since the heater isn't working i'll warm up by a good old fashioned bath." haru ran her arm down johnny's shoulder, giving him a warm smile that radiated her admiration for him. "see you later?"

"yeah. i'm going to try and start a fire before the rest of us freeze to death." haru left up the stairs and johnny went into another room to gather up the firewood.