❥┆SIXTEEN

resume

click to resume

MADNESS
11:12 pm

"i—i can't go on like this johnny." taeyong stopped in his tracks and fell to his knees, his head hung low. "i just— i just killed my fucking girlfriend."

"tae listen to me." johnny crouched down. "you didn't kill anyone. the psycho up on this mountain did okay?"

taeyong shook his head, the words johnny spoke flying right out of his ear. "i can still hear her screaming..." he stared off into the distance. johnny sighed, this was not the time nor place for this.

"dude, i know this hurts but we have to hurry. i don't know why you saved me but you did. and now i'm going to make use of myself and make sure no one else dies because of this sick fuck."

"what help can i be going with you?" he looked at johnny weakly. "every time i blink i see her body."

"well then keep your eyes open." johnny knew he was being insensitive. if he was in taeyong's situation he would have been worse. his sanity switch would flip off the second his love one died. "look, i get that you want to mourn but if we don't get the others you'll be mourning over a hell lot of other bodies."

"i—i know. just... just give me another minute." johnny counted to sixty before pulling taeyong off the ground. reluctantly he followed behind johnny, doing everything in his power to zone out the echoes of haeyeon's screams.

taeyong was left on the second floor of the lodge while johnny searched the top for haru. johnny grew anxious at her disappearance. he bounded back down the stairs, his mind only coming up with the darkest scenarios.

he got her. the murderer took haru and killed her. all because i was too late!

"she's not up there. taeyong what if we're too late!?"

"we aren't. we should check the basement. she could be hiding there." it was a stretch but johnny took that stretch.

"hey taeyong... i just want to thank you. for saving me in the shed. i'm really thankful."

"i don't want to talk about this johnny. i'm trying to forget about it so please just shut up." and so he did. the air was thick with apprehension as they made countless steps into the basement.

taeyong...

a chill ran down his spine. his heart rate accelerated at the sound of the voice. it felt like it was right behind him. he whipped around to find nothing. johnny gave him weird looks. "you good?"

"i— yeah... i'm good." he wasn't but saying that wouldn't get them anywhere.

taeyong... follow me...

"please get out my head."

"who are you talking to?" he looked up. johnny was facing him but far beyond the two taeyong saw a shadowy figure making a 'come hither' motion. he blinked twice, the figure suddenly vanishing.

"fuck, i'm going crazy. i keep hearing someone say my name and then behind you there was a fucking figure saying come here!" johnny flinched.

"dude don't say shit like that. clutch up!" taeyong ran his fingers through his hair stressfully. "keep ignoring the voice." the voice stopped until they made it into the basement.