❥┆SEVEN

resume

click to resume

LOYALTY
5:43 pm

"move just a little to the side... perfect!" johnny smiled at the picture of haru he captured. the sun reflected off her skin in such a manner she seemed to glow next to their snowman they built.

haru jogged up to johnny, taking the phone from his hands to view the image. "i look cute for once." she softly smiled up at johnny. he pulled her closer, his fingers threading through her hair as he admired the radiant picture.

"you always look cute ruru..." the comment made her stomach flutter. it was no secret the two liked each other, the problem was neither knew when to step up and make the first move even after countless opportunities.

johnny wanted to, since freshman year, but could never fully bring himself to try. the older the two got the more comfortable they acted around each other which sparked his confidence in skinship but that was about it with them.

with college coming up and the two going separate ways he figured it was now or never. haru wasn't one he wanted to lose. you and everyone else could say he loves her and vice versa.

"thanks johnny." she slid her phone back into the pocket of her blue jeans and adjusted her creme scarf to cover her shy smile.

"hey," he nudged her. "let's make our snowman a partner so he isn't lonely when we leave."

"fine but i get to name her this time."

"what's wrong with me naming him john jr.? can we name her ruru the second?" haru rolled her eyes playfully as she bent down to gather snow.

"if i didn't know any better i'd think these snow people were based off of us." he shrugged, kneeling down in front of her to help clump the snow together.

"is that a bad thing?" she looked up, into his soft brown eyes. those eyes she would long for when they were apart.

"not at all." she breathed. he thought back to this morning when he swore he would make a move sometime, finally he grew impatient with himself.

c'mon johnny boy, now or never. you made her wait long enough...

he took in a deep breath before caressing haru's cold cheek, capturing her attention. "johnny–"

"shh. let me do what i've been dying to do since freshman year." it's soft, sweet, passionate, everything the two could have wanted their first kiss with each other to be.

with redden cheeks and fast beating heart beats the two pull away from each other. johnny was the first to speak up. "uhm... i hope that was the right thing to do."

"are you kidding? it only took you four years to do the right thing." he let out a breathy laugh.

"it was now or never."

"what does this mean for our future?"

"that maybe in another four years i'll have the courage to ask you out?"