❥┆SEVENTEEN

resume

click to resume

VENGEANCE
12:18 am

lexee breathed in a gasp as she felt the blood rush to her head when she came to. a rope from one of the towers wires caught itself around her ankle, saving her from plummeting to her untimely death.

she could feel the rope loosening its hold on her. she thought fast and swung herself back and forth towards a nearby ledge. if she timed it perfectly she would land on the ledge before the rope snapped, and she did.

as she sat there, stunned from the action, she replayed the moment that could have killed her. jaehyun flaking on her and jumping to his own safety. she didn't know why he saved himself and left her for dead but the mere thought angered her.

if she ever saw jaehyun again she'd approach him, punch him dead off in his nose, then break up with him. she couldn't be with him after what he pulled.

"jesus... thank you for being on my side." she felt like crying, laying there curled up in a ball. however, she couldn't once she heard the remaining tower creak from above her. she scooted herself back, watching the debris and tower crumble down, taking the ledge she was just on with it.

"okay... you're fine. fuck jaehyun, you don't need him." she told herself as she ripped a piece of her orange sweatshirt off to wrap it around a plank of wood. "you can survive this."

she dipped the wood into a barrel of flammable liquid and set it ablaze from a fire started by the tower falling. although she didn't want to stray into the darkness of the mines, she had no choice. she braced herself and slowly inched her way inside.

...

lexee felt lightheaded after all she witnessed down in the mines. from having so much luck to having none at all she questioned why she even survived the fall.

she seen lost and forgotten items from miners who use to work in the mines, skeletons who probably belonged to the unfortunate miners. she fell through planks of wood after having a latter give out from her weight. she even smelt the rotting scent of a decaying body but she steered from walking in that direction.

she wandered around aimlessly for what felt like hours. the only thing accompanying her was shrill screams of whatever animal was stuck down here. they sounded far from her so she didn't worry much about running into them.

lexee felt lost, which is what she was. she could have swore she passed through the same passageways twice. when all felt lost she screamed out in anger, the sound traveling across the mines. "i'm going to die down here... i hope you're happy jaehyun."

"who's jaehyun?" a gruff voice sounded from behind her. she screamed loud, turning to see the owner of the voice. he was old, dressed thickly in warm winter clothes, his gray hair peeking out from his green beanie. he carried something big over his shoulder.

"please don't kill me!" lexee pleaded, the tears she's held in all this time finally spilling. "please!"

"i'm not going to kill you but something else will if you keep screaming." he looked over his shoulder. "why in the hell are you down here? don't you know the dangers of this place?"

"wait, who are you? why are you down here? are you an accomplice of the killer who killed my friend!?" lexee started backing up. "stay away from me!"