❥┆NINE

resume

click to resume

HAUNTED
8:30 pm

haru shivered as she placed her hand under the running faucet. no matter how many times she turned the hot water knob it would still only produce ice cold water. sighing in defeat, she shut the water off completely and went to go find johnny in hopes of him knowing a solution.

"deadass, ten told me he kept an ouija board in one of the rooms. you two should go find it."

"okay fine." haeyeon agreed easily, pulling a hesitant taeyong up with her. haru came down the stairs just in time to watch the two walk out hand in hand.

"ruru, that was a quick bath?"

"i couldn't take one. the water is freezing cold. can you do something about it?" she pouted, her eyes hopeful.

"course i can. ten said if this happened to go down to the basement and find the boiler. want to keep me company?" he held his hand out which she happily took.

the two walked hip by hip practically all the way down the stairs that seemed endless. the wood creaked under each step they took. "ugh it's so dark on this floor."

"i spy with my little eye something that will help us out." johnny walked over to a dresser where a bright yellow flashlight sat, waiting to be flicked on. "zing." he commented as he clicked on the light.

"never make that noise again." he shrugged and continued on down the hall while haru noticed a picture laying frameless where the flashlight was. she examined it to find out it was only ten and his sister from when they were kids. she cooed at the image.

"hey, stop gawking at my best friends baby picture

"hey, stop gawking at my best friends baby picture." johnny called out. haru set the picture back in its place then rejoined johnny.

"you and your word choice..."

"what's wrong with the word gawking?" haru cringed. "gawking." he repeated just to get under her skin. she pushed at his toned chest.

"knock it off, that word is seriously so ugly." he chuckled but obeyed the request. as they walked in silence johnny couldn't stop his mind from repeating their kiss earlier. just the memory left his stomach spinning with happiness.

"haru i know things for us right now are confusing and i'm sorry for making it that way but i just wanted to express how grateful i am for you. we've been friends forever and i watched you go through those tough times with your parents but even when you were struggling you still made sure i was okay and i just wanted to sincerely thank you."

haru's heart melted at the confession. if only johnny realized how much he changed her life for the better. how it was he who helped her remain optimistic when dealing with her heartbroken father. those long nights where she just wanted to rant it all out and he was the one there to listen.