❥┆TEN

resume

click to resume

MALEVOLENCE
8:29 pm

taeil and minjin walked silently through the dimly lit pathway, the only sound came from the soft crunch of snow under their feet and the shrill cries of the wind against the tree's.

taeil clutched the badly drawn out map in his hands and waited for the moment his girlfriend would break the silence to rant about what had just happened.

he kept track of each passing second, so far she was beating her record of remaining quiet which was weird since she's known to have no filter especially when angry.

"minnie, you're oddly quiet. it's been three whole minutes and you haven't said a word."

"did you really keep track of me being quiet?" taeil nodded sheepishly; that caused minjin to smile faintly. "well thanks for doing that but i'm fine. it's just lexee is such a bitch! she's so quick to get mad and want to fight someone. i don't get how jaehyun can stand being with her. don't you agree?"

taeil hummed while he sorted out his response in his head. he would never disrespect a women by calling her such a lowly name but it was a mystery how jaehyun hadn't snapped yet. "i'm not going to call her out her name, but i can see where you're coming from."

"at least we're on the same page." with no further comment on the topic they trekked on. when it came to reaching the gate that would allow them further access to the trail they ended up coming to a standstill.

the power on the gate wouldn't work and taeil didn't feel like jumping it. "man what the hell is going on? these gates worked perfectly fine when we came."

"maybe the incoming storm has something to do with it." taeil looked to his right and spotted a run down shed. "i'll get the power back on. that shed should have a generator inside."

"if you say so." it didn't come as much of a shock when there was indeed a generator inside. taeil applauded himself before switching all the switches on and tugging on the clutch that would start this old thing up. black smoke puffed out as it made clicking noises.

it began running, the lights outside illuminated and taeil smugly looked at minjin. "never doubt me."

"yeah okay. if we ever get to the cabin i promise i'll make it up to you."

"we better get running then." farther down the trail they walked the more narrow and creepy it got. the sight of yellow police tape caught their eyes as they walked past the tree that was covered with it. "i still can't believe primmy's gone. everything was so sudden."

"ten was really shaken up when he returned. do you think he was next to her when she had the accident?" taeil frowned, ten was so bent on keeping those details to himself taeil didn't know what to think.

"i don't know but i hope she's at peace." the mood was definitely drearier after the conversation. taeil wanted to lighten it by telling a joke but when he went to open his mouth an ear splitting screech echoed through the air.

chills ran down his spine while the hair on minjin's neck prickled up. "what the hell was that?"

"i don't know but it didn't sound welcoming. maybe we should take another way to avoid running into it." taeil shined his light over the map. there was a nearby cave that would act as a detour to the cabin. without giving it much thought they chose that route. it was near pitch black when they entered. "hey minnie be care–"