The Wedding Night

Richard let out a groan as he caressed Maine’s smooth and creamy skin beneath the lingerie that she was wearing. He bent down to capture her full and luscious lips and she moaned as Richard trapped her lower lip between his own and sucked it gently. Her fingers slowly crept their way beneath his shirt and lovingly skimmed his muscular back. Richard pushed Maine deeper into the pillows stroking her lips with the tip of his tongue as if pleading for access. Maine willingly obliged and parted her mouth beneath his as he eagerly slipped his tongue to taste her sweetness. Their tongues met and dueled and Maine let out a shiver as Richard lightly caressed the smooth skin of her flat belly.

Richard broke their kiss and he started to rain soft kisses from the edge of her jaw trailing down her long, elegant neck. He stopped to suckle the sensitive spot at the base of her throat.

“RJ” Majne groaned his name as her arms tightened around him.

Without missing a beat Richard’s head moved lower tracing the edge of the neckline of Maine’s negligee with the tip of his tongue. He brushed his fingertips lightly over her sensitive peaks earning him another moan from her.

Richard’s breath was labored and erratic as he slowly kissed his way back to her lips. As he claimed her lips once again he slowly slipped the delicate straps of her negligee from her shoulders and gently caressed the creamy mounds that he had exposed.

Maine grabbed hold of Richard’s face and urged him to look at her in the eye. Her eyes were ablaze from the passion that she was feeling at the moment. As she held his gaze she whispered three short words that finally made Richard lose the last shreds of his control.

“I want you.”

He snapped his eyes open. He was panting and gasping for breath as if he had just run the marathon. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead and his whole body was drenched with sweat. He laid still in the darkened room as he waited for his frenzied heart to steady. It was just a dream. It was all a dream. He tried to get his bearings straight and realized that he was on the floor wrapped in a heavy comforter. He pulled himself up into a sitting position and spotted Maine sleeping soundly on the bed. Richard gave a soft sigh and plopped himself back into the comforter.

Here he was on his wedding night and he was sleeping on the floor. Apparently his subconscious mind did not allow him to get away from what he was trying so much to avoid. As he lay there he recalled the events that happened earlier that evening. The wedding was a success. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a big hit to their guests. Everybody enjoyed the five course meal that was served and all of them had fun dancing the night away.

Towards the end of the night however his mother as well as his three best friends had practically pushed him and Maine up the stairs claiming that it was a good idea to turn in for the night since it had been a hectic day for both of them. It did not take a genius to see what they were up to and he had witnessed Maine turn extremely red from the not so subtle hints that they were giving. He and Maine had no choice but to ascend the stairs leading to the bedroom assigned to them. As they reached the door, Richard looked apologetically at Maine.

“I would like to apologize for my mom and my friends. They shouldn’t have put us on the spot like that.” He said embarrassingly.

“Don’t worry about it. I understand them completely” Maine replied with a nervous smile on her face. She was twisting her rings around her finger. It was a clear sign that she was uncomfortable about the situation.

With a deep breath Richard reached for the knob and opened the door to the honeymoon suite. He would have appreciated its high ceilings and the wooden beams that adorned the room if only he had not been so concerned about the sleeping arrangements. As expected the room had only one queen sized bed and he had forgotten to discuss sleeping arrangements with Maine.

“I’m sorry, it seems like we have forgotten to discuss our sleeping arrangements. I forgot to ask you if you would prefer separate bedrooms?” he asked.

Maine flushed red as she contemplated on the situation. “I think we can discuss that when we get home” Maine replied. “Right now, I think its okay for us to share a bed. It’s big enough for the both of us anyway”

Richard took a deep breath and nodded. You could do this RJ, he assured himself. They walked tentatively inside the bedroom and he sat on the bed as he loosened his tie. Maine on the other hand stood in the middle of the room as she fidgeted with the skirt of her gown.

“Is it okay if I use the bathroom first?” she asked timidly.

“Of course, take your time” Richard replied with a smile.

As soon as the door of the bathroom closed, Richard plopped himself on the bed and closed his eyes. This is going to be a long night. He thought. Oh why did he ever agree to Maine’s request to have the marriage only in papers? His control was slowly slipping away and they haven’t even been married for 24 hours yet. Kris was right. Could he actually do this for the rest of his life?

Thirty minutes have already passed but Maine has yet to emerge from the bathroom. Richard became worried so he headed towards the bathroom and knocked on the door.

“Is everything okay?” He asked worriedly.

“Umm, there seems to be a little problem” Maine replied from the other side of the door.

“What is it?” He asked in concern. Did she hurt herself or something?

“Apparently, your mom had taken the liberty to pack my things for me.” Maine’s muffled voice was heard. Richard’s heart sped up. What did his mother do this time?

Slowly the bathroom door opened a little bit and Maine’s head peeked out. Bit by bit she opened the door further and finally stepped out as she bit her lower lip nervously. Richard’s jaw dropped in surprise as soon as he saw her. She was wearing a fiery red satin negligee that had thin, delicate straps. The lingerie had wisps of lace strategically placed in all the right places and it fell exactly at the middle of her thighs.

Richard swallowed hard and unconsciously stepped back. If he survived this night he was going to kill his mother for doing this to him. “Maine” his voice croaked.

“This is the simplest one I can find. I don’t think I will be able to wear the rest at all.” Maine said as she nervously tugged at the hem of the skirt.

Richard cleared his throat. He couldn’t stop himself from gazing at her. He could feel the faint stirrings starting up within him again.

“Maine, I think it’s better if I sleep on the floor tonight.” Richard suggested as he tried to focus his gaze on her face.

Maine looked worriedly at Richard. “But you would be uncomfortable. I know you’re not used to sleeping on the floor.” Maine argued.

“Trust me. It’s the best thing for both of us.” Richard said, his voice thick with emotion.

Maine stared back at Richard and seemed to sense the inner conflict that he was experiencing at the moment. She slowly crossed her arms across her chest in attempt to hide her body. “Alright” she finally agreed.

Richard sighed as his thoughts returned back to the present. Reluctantly he slowly stood up, careful not to wake Maine, and headed towards the bathroom.

Damn that dream, looks like he was in for a very, very cold shower.