EPILOGUE: Ever After

Richard had a loving smile on his face as he gazed at the three year old girl from across the hall of the museum. Wearing a yellow sundress with a spatter of white daffodils around the skirt, the little girl looked like a small doll. She was gazing intently at an old photograph that was displayed in one corner. It would be odd to have a three year old girl so interested at a two hundred year old photo but then again she was not an ordinary girl.

She finally looked away from the display as if sensing that somebody was watching her. As soon as she had spotted Richard, a smile lit up her beautiful face and she started to run towards him.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed with happiness as she threw herself into Richard's arms.

Richard gathered the little girl into his arms and hoisted her up into the air eliciting a series a giggles from her.

"How was your day little princess?" Richard asked his daughter as he gave her a big hug. He's missed her cheerful demeanor the entire day. He gazed at her gentle porcelain face that looked so much like her mother's.

Maine found out that she was pregnant a month after they returned from New York. Richard could not forget the joy and anticipation that he felt upon hearing that news. He was going to be a father. It had felt so surreal. It was a mixture of happiness and fear that he could not describe. He had been excited with the prospect of having a child but he also could not take out the fear and doubt that he would end up being like his father. Maine had taken him into her arms and calmed his fears as she assured him that he was nothing like his father.

Looking at his daughter right now, he could not take out that certain feeling of pride within him. She was growing up to be beautiful and smart and at an early age was already showing signs of possessing the talent of taking beautiful photographs. She has already taken a liking in playing with her dad's old camera and Richard and Maine have to admit that her photos were a hundred times better than her mother's. There were times wherein she would request to her father if she could join him when he was working in his studio and he would usually sit her on his lap and show her his finished products. Richard enjoyed very much their father and daughter bondings and is looking forward to actually teach her the art of photography in the years to come.

"It was great daddy!" Charmaine exclaimed excitedly. "Mom brought me to her class today and I played with her students!"

"Where's your mom?" He asked his daughter curiously as she settled herself in Richard's arms. Charm turned her body slightly and pointed her tiny fingers towards the direction of the huge doorway. True enough Maine was walking towards them from that direction.

Richard looked tenderly at his wife. He had to admit that the past years had made her more beautiful. She has blossomed into a bold and confident woman and he admired her for being able to juggle her duties as a teacher and her responsibilities as his wife. She had mastered their business quite well and would sometimes help him out with some of the duties in the company.

Maine let out a smile as she saw her daughter and husband waiting for her at the end of the hallway. Seeing both of them together has never failed to make her smile. She reached out to give each of them a peck on the cheek as soon as she reached them.

"Are you done for the day honey?" She asked her husband.

"Yes, I just finished giving last minute instructions to my assistant and informed him that if there were any problems they could contact mom about it" Richard responded with a smile.

They were leaving for Maldives that day as a celebration of their fourth wedding anniversary. It had been a long time since their last vacation. Things had been busy these past years with Richard settling himself as the company's head and with Maine having her hands full with a baby to take care of. They have finally decided that Charmaine was big enough and that she could be left behind with her grandmother while they were away.