Before Goodbye

Richard was finally home after a long day at the office. It's the day before Maine's trip to New York and he wanted very much to stay at home and spend the day with his wife. He couldn't really understand why he was feeling this way. Maine's coming back. It wasn't as if she would be gone forever. But during the past week he had the urge of spending every waking moment with her. Unfortunately there were a lot of scheduled meetings and business deals that needed his attention and it was already early evening when he's finally able to leave the office.

Richard quickly ascended the stairs to their bedroom and found Maine at her dresser drawer busy sorting through various knick knacks that she would be bringing with her on her trip. Richard told her to leave the packing to the maids but Maine insisted in being hands on with it. She may be a rich man's wife now but she's still used to doing things on her own.

Richard stood by the door for a moment and watched his wife go about her business. Maine has not seen him yet and he took that moment to just stare at her. After ten minutes she was still oblivious to Richard's presence so with a small smile he quietly approached her from behind.

Maine jumped in surprise as she felt two muscular arms snake their way around her waist. She turned her head a little to see who it was just as RJ rested his chin on her shoulder. "Honey!" Maine exclaimed. "I didn't know you were already home"

"Are you done packing?" He asked. He did not budge from his position.

"Almost" she replied. "I just have to put this in my bag and I'm all done."

"What do you want to do tonight?" He asked. He absent mindedly skimmed his lips against her shoulders.

Maine felt goose bumps on her arms as she felt RJ's lips against her skin. "Why don't we do a movie marathon?"  She suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea" Richard agreed as he continued to caress Maine's shoulders with his lips.

Maine finally broke away from his grasp. The feel of his lips on her skin was causing havoc to her senses. "Why don't you go and select the movies. I'll follow as soon as I finish packing" she suggested.

Richard smirked at her. "Alright, don't take too long" he said as he headed out of the door.

Maine followed twenty minutes later and found RJ arranging a tray of popcorn and drinks on top of the center table.

"Have you chosen the movies?" Maine asked as she settled herself on the huge lazyboy couch. Richard grabbed a couple of dvds and tossed it towards Maine. She looked at the movie titles in surprise. When did her busband start to like romantic movies?

"Which one do you want to watch first?" Richard asked as he turned towards Maine. She chose one from the stack and handed it to him.

They spent the rest of the evening binging on popcorn and soda as they watched one movie after the other. On their third movie Richard reached for Maine and pulled her against him. She leaned comfortably on his chest as he played with her hair. Maine was deeply engrossed with the movie they were watching when she felt the feathery touch of his lips on her shoulder. Her breathing became erratic as she felt his lips travel softly from her shoulders to the base of her throat.

"RJ" Maine whispered but he continued caressing her neck with feathery kisses. The movie forgotten, Maine closed her eyes as she savored the feeling of Richard's lips against her skin. She let out a moan as she felt Richard gently suck on a sensitive part behind her ear. In a flash Richard captured her lips with his and kissed her with so much intensity that she's never experienced before. Maine kissed him back with as much intensity. There was a desperate feel to their kiss as if they were dreading their looming separation. She opened her mouth allowing him to softly caress her tongue with his. Before she knew it, Richard shifted and she found herself trapped beneath his body. Their kiss deepened as he ran his fingers through Maine's hair. Maine held on to him as she softly stroked the length of Richard's back with her fingertips.