Hearty Breakfast

Maine slowly opened her eyes and was greeted by the morning sunshine through the huge glass windows in her bedroom. Somebody had drawn the curtains and she squinted against the bright light. She turned towards her side and found herself alone in bed. Had she just been dreaming that Richard was here? She reached for one of the pillows and hugged it against her. It smelled faintly of his perfume. Yes, she thought with a smile. Richard is really here.

She settled herself back into the bed dragging the pillow with her. She recalled everything that happened yesterday and couldn't help but smile at the memory. RJ found her at the Empire State Building. Afterwards they had gone home to have dinner together and had fallen asleep in each other's arms.

She couldn't believe that he's actually here. They were apart for a week and she missed him like crazy. She was actually giving herself another week before telling her mother in law that she wanted to go home. But now she did not have to do that because RJ followed her here. She couldn't help remembering his mother's words when she first told her about her plan.

"Trust me Maine" she said. "Give him a week or two and he'll fly to New York to be by your side" she declared confidently. She was quite skeptical at first but Madame Faulkerson had been very confident that everything will go according to her plan, so she gave in.

Maine sighed as she stared at the ceiling. Everything is going perfectly. The only thing missing now is RJ's declaration of love that his mother predicted would happen. Last night, somewhere in her unconscious mind she thought she heard him tell her that he loved her. She wasn't sure though if it was real or if it was just something that her mind and her heart had conjured up. She did not have the guts to ask him about it. What was she going to say anyway? Would she say "Hey honey, did you tell me you love me last night?", she was sure she would faint first before she could actually get the whole question out of her mouth.

Maine finally decided to get herself out of bed and search for her husband. After putting on a robe she headed towards the bathroom and found it empty. She then left the confines of her bedroom to search for him outside. To her surprise she found RJ in the kitchen arranging a basket of bagels and muffins. There was also a huge plate of eggs, bacon and ham on the table as well as orange juice. The smell of coffee filled the air as hot coffee brewed in the coffee maker.

"Before you say anything, I would like to tell you that I did not cook anything here. I had them all ordered from the small café downstairs" he said with a smile.

Maine smiled back. It amused her immensely that her husband could joke about his cooking skills or the lack of it that is.

"Well, they smell really good. You did a good job in ordering them" she replied teasingly.

Maine and Richard enjoyed a hearty breakfast together. When the last bagel was finally gone, she stood up to clear the dishes but RJ stopped her.

"Let me do that" he offered. "Why don't you shower and get dressed."

She was initially wary in leaving her husband alone in the kitchen but then she figured that he would manage the dish washer just fine and she did not have to worry.

"Alright" she finally agreed. "I'll be ready in a few minutes."

Maine emerged from the bedroom thirty minutes later all showered and dressed. She was wearing dark blue skin tight denim jeans and white sweater. Her legs were clad in black knee high leather boots and her hair hung loosely around her back in soft waves.

Richard looked up from the book he was reading and gave her a sexy smile. Without taking his eyes off her, he stood up from the chair and approached her. Maine watched him advance towards her while her heart pounded loudly against her chest.